Upgrades/Renewals

8 years 4 months ago #275277 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Upgrades/Renewals
I will run it by my boss and see if he's okay with people skipping a year's payment if they register in November-December.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 4 months ago #275278 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrades/Renewals
It sounds like what you're actually wanting is renewing into a new plan, but such functionality doesn't exist. When you upgrade to a plan it's completely replacing the old one with a new plan.

I will run it by my boss and see if he's okay with people skipping a year's payment if they register in November-December.

I don't think I'd word it like that, lol. They're skipping 1 months worth of value. It benefits the customer more than anything as they don't feel cheated by paying 12mos for only 1mo of service. Would you be happy with such a purchase? Personally I'd issue a charge back and never come back, lol.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275280 by cagoffice
Well I guess in our industry, they could in theory reap the benefits of an entire year in only a few short weeks. For example, someone pays for an entire year in January and applies to get a $10,000 research grant from us and gets it before the end of the year vs. someone registering in November, gets a $20,000 grant for example and they never paid dues for that year at all. We always charged people for a full year if they needed something from us at the end of that year.

8 years 4 months ago #275283 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Upgrades/Renewals
You may want to consider using 1 year durations in that case instead of by calendar year durations. As with by calendar year durations if they subscribed at the beginning of December and it ends in December their subscription will expire at the end of the month. The only way to avoid that is to use the parameter described above, which will subscribe them for next year and give them December free. However, your usage doesn't sound like a typical subscribe for a service so I'm not sure what to suggest.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 4 months ago #275284 by cagoffice
The reason why we don't do calendar years is because we have this big conference early in the year and it helps us manage who can attend (members only) when we have everyone needing to renew end of the year/early the following year.

The way I have been getting around it so far is by forcing people to call in if they want to change to a different plan and I do it from the backend. The only issue with that is that the payment process doesn't go through CBSubs then. It's all manual.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds