[SOLVED] K2 Conflicts with Community Builder

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279528 by allenjj
I had installed K2 v2.7 on my test platform and all seemed to work fine. Now I find that if I attempt to access my user profile, all the tabs and information other than the headers are gone. I have contacted K2 as well but hoping you or someone here may know how to remedy this. I know the K2 folks said they had eliminated the Community Builder integration, but didn't realize that meant that they couldn't co-exist.

John
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #279531 by allenjj
Replied by allenjj on topic K2 Conflicts with Community Builder
I have tried disabling the K2 user options and even disabling those components but doesnt seem to fix the problem.

John

8 years 1 month ago #279560 by allenjj
Seems it works by itself but with CometChat installed then profiles get limited.

John

8 years 1 month ago #279574 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic K2 Conflicts with Community Builder
Most likely something you've installed is causing a fatal JS error preventing the tabs from being parsed out. Sounds like you've already determined the culprit is CometChat. You can find the fatal JS errors by pressing F12 to open your browsers developer tools then clicking the console tab.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

8 years 1 month ago #279639 by allenjj
Any thoughts about how to fix this error?

17c1552….js:468 Uncaught Error: Bootstrap's JavaScript requires jQuery version 1.9.1 or higher

John

8 years 1 month ago #279665 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic K2 Conflicts with Community Builder
We don't use or load Bootstraps JS. So it's likely your Joomla template or something else installed trying to use Bootstraps JS while jQuery is out of date. CBs jQuery is 1.11.2 so it's unlikely to be the cause, but likely jQuery from the template, 3rd party extension, or one of those jQuery loader extensions.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: allenjj

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn