[#5919] where to increase memory which is needed for upload

7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #281529 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic where to increase memory which is needed for upload
OK - I got the files. Please look at the entries of 13th may (because I tried to upload a single file on the 13th may (useing ImageMagick))

File Attachment:

File Name: access_log.txt
File Size:56 KB

File Attachment:

File Name: error_log.txt
File Size:12 KB
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 11 months ago #281535 by krileon
Imagick isn't configured properly and is failing with a fatal error as noted below in your log.

[Fri May 13 09:57:47 2016] [error] [client 31.10.152.226] php: symbol lookup error: /usr/local/php-5.6.19/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/imagick.so: undefined symbol: MagickSetColorspace, referer: http://web180.login-94.hoststar.ch/joomla/pre_production/index.php/de/cb-plugin-de/pluginclass?plugin=cbgallery&action=items&func=new&type=photos&user=349&tab=49&folder=0

Switch to GD2 within CB > Configuration > Images and see if uploading images still errors. Your host can find the latest binaries below.

www.imagemagick.org/script/binary-releases.php

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 8 months ago #284570 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic the use of ImageMagick Version 7.0.2 throws an error
Now my hoster installed a new ImageMagick Version 7.0.2. Then I tried to upload a Gallery item again (within CB). It still didn't work. Then I switched on the debug mode...the following error has been prompted on the xcreen:

Fatal error: Undefined class constant 'Imagick::IMGTYPE_TRUECOLORMATTE' in /home/www/web180/html/joomla/pre_production/libraries/CBLib/Imagine/Imagick/Image.php on line 815

....line 815 is here --> look at the '*****' in the file Image.php

private function setColorspace(PaletteInterface $palette)
{
static $typeMapping = array(
// We use Matte variants to preserve alpha
PaletteInterface::PALETTE_CMYK => \Imagick::IMGTYPE_TRUECOLORMATTE,
PaletteInterface::PALETTE_RGB => \Imagick::IMGTYPE_TRUECOLORMATTE,
PaletteInterface::PALETTE_GRAYSCALE => \Imagick::IMGTYPE_GRAYSCALEMATTE,
); ********************************************************************************************* this is line 815 ************************

if (!isset(static::$colorspaceMapping[$palette->name()])) {
throw new InvalidArgumentException(sprintf('The palette %s is not supported by Imagick driver', $palette->name()));
}

$this->imagick->setType($typeMapping[$palette->name()]);
$this->imagick->setColorspace(static::$colorspaceMapping[$palette->name()]);
$this->palette = $palette;
}

Do you have any idea what is wrong ? ...the hoster could not help me with this error message

regards

7 years 8 months ago - 7 years 8 months ago #284583 by krileon
For some reason Imagick 7 just flat out removed those constants that have been around and used since Imagick 3. I've no idea what to suggest other than downgrade Imagick. CB uses the Imagine library, which requires a minimum of Imagick 6.2.9. Below is an issue ticket reported to Imagine about this issue.

github.com/avalanche123/Imagine/issues/496

Fix has already been submitted by someone and pending merge. Once merged we can update our Imagine library to be compatible with Imagick 7. I've added a bug ticket to keep note of this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6136

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 7 months ago #286209 by erichburkhard
Replied by erichburkhard on topic ImageMagick Version 7.0.2 works fine with CB 1.9.1
Hi Kyle - according to the issue that ImageMagick 7.0.2 didn't work in my environment you analysed that the 'Imagine' library has to be adapted...you opened a ticket. Based on this comment I have done some 'experiments' based on different environments (at the same hoster)

Environment 1 **************************************************** (my test site)

Joomla 3.6.2
CB 2.0.14
CB Gallery 1.0.6
PHP 5.6

Result: ImageMagick was selectable in the 'Images' tab of CB config, but the upload of images didn't work

Enfironment 2 ***************************************************** (my test site)

same as 'Environment 1' but with PHP 5.5

Result: ImageMagick was NOT selectable in the 'Images' tab of CB config (only GD as default visible)...with GD only files up to approx 1 MB can be uploaded. If I try to upload biger files I get a memory issue

Environment 3 **************************************************** (my test site)

same as 'Environment' 1 but with PHP 5.4

Result: ImageMagick was NOT selectable in the 'Images' tab of CB config (only GD as default visible)...with GD only files up to approx 1 MB can be uploaded. If I try to upload biger files I get a memory issue

Environment 4 ***************************************************** (this is my current prod site with some 'old' components)

Joomla 3.3.6
CB 1.9.1
Profile Gallery 1.2
PHP 5.4
Image Magick 7.0.2 and GD ar BOTH selectable in the 'Portrait' tab

Result: Image Magick (7.0.2) and GD as well work EXCELLENT and I it is possible to upload even really big files (e.g 5MB) and I didn't get a memory issues

Question: How is it possible that 'old' libraries (see Environment 4) manage to work with ImageMagick 7.0.2 ...and in the 'old' environemt I also do not feel any memory upload restrictions...neither with GD nor ImageMagick (compared to CB 2.0.14)

7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #286220 by krileon
CB 1.x isn't using the Imagine library for image processing. CB 1.x also didn't utilize the majority of Imagick API. So it doesn't have the constants that were removed in Imagick 7.x. There's nothing I can do until it's fixed in Imagine, which the bug ticket is still open (see link in my previous reply).

You certainly should be able to upload images larger than 1 MB with GD. If not you may have some other server configuration problem or the pixel size of your images is astronomical resulting in a 1:10 ratio once uncompressed. Don't upload 6000x6000 photos or anything of the sort (to any website really) as once GD uncompressed it it's probably going to consume all your available memory.

For now just run Imagick 6.2.9 or a slightly newer version than that. Older releases can be found below.

sourceforge.net/projects/imagemagick/ or www.imagemagick.org/download/

Will also be reviewing the possibility of switching image processing libraries if this continues to go unfixed.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn