[SOLVED] CB Invite not working via SMTP

7 years 10 months ago #283520 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invite not working via SMTP

Just to clarify, are you speaking of the setting now located at:
Community Builder->Plugin Management->GroupJive (from Plug-in List)->Parameters (tab)->Notifications (tab)->General (tab), using the 'From Name' and 'From Email Address' fields, correct?

For CB GroupJive emails, sure. For CB Invite emails, no. CB Invite emails From Name and Address are configured in CB > Plugin Management > CB Invites > Parameters > Email.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283526 by bill.rosner
Replied by bill.rosner on topic CB Invite not working via SMTP
Hey Kyle,

Here's a bit of follow-up...

Seems the server for our email does not permit sending from remote domains. We own both createavideo.com & create-a-video.com. The non-dashed version is where our email server resides. When I changed the email address in the location I specified in my previous post, to the dashed version of the URL, the mail can now be sent.

Odd, I didn't have the Invites Plugin installed. I had created a Group, and installed all of the GJ plugins. Somehow, in my Tabs Menu I ended up with an Invites Tab. I'm not sure what I did to get it there at this point, it's been a few years since I've used CB and it's certainly more robust than it used to be. I'm working through the learning curve best as I can, but am glad to have paid for the Developer Package!

So after I installed the Invites plugin, I can now invite someone directly from my profile, not just the Group. I guess I'm just having a disconnect about the difference between the two and how they work. Admittedly, I still have a lot of reading through the docs to get through so maybe there's an explanation of what I'm seeing in there somewhere.

Thanks,
Bill

7 years 10 months ago #283527 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Invite not working via SMTP
This topic is in regards to CB Invites. The settings to change the From Name and From Address are in CB > Plugin Management > CB Invites > Parameters > Email for CB Invites.

You're asking about CB GroupJive and its Invite functionality. The settings for that to change the From Name and From Address are in CB > Plugin Management > CB GroupJive > Notifications > General for CB GroupJive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: nant

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn