Fax Field becomes Accept Terms & Conditions field on upgrade

7 years 10 months ago #282196 by stuntlist
Hi,

I have the same issue as was report here: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/147-potential-bug/231943-field-fax-transformed-to-acceptedterms#274110. I upgraded my CB 1.9.1 Joomla 3 site to CB 2.0.14. The old fax field is now of type Terms and Conditions instead of a Text field. We are using the Fax field and we use Terms and Conditions. This problem was reported over 6 months ago and is still an issue.

How is the best way to handle this problem? Can we change the Fax field to be a text field in the database somehow and add a new Terms & Conditions field?

Right now when you go to edit your profile, the Fax field doesn't show up, so you can add/edit your fax number. People need to be able to add or change their fax number on the site.

Thank you.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282212 by krileon
That field was most likely using a reserved field id. To fix it you need to make a new fax field. It's not common for a reserved field id to be used and generally only happens when the database was altered somehow and the auto increment value was reset. Believe the old sample data fields also created a bit wonky, but now properly creates normal managed fields. We're looking into ways we can do the system fields without having to reserve their ids for CB 3.x and onwards.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282294 by stuntlist
Hi Kyle,

Making a new fax field doesn't solve the problem. We have over 800 members in the system with many of them having information in the old fax field. We need a way to 'fix' the database so old fax field is still a fax field and the new Terms field uses a new field. Or a script that can be used to copy the info from the old fax field to the new fax field and fix the Terms field to it's proper valid.

Thank you.

7 years 10 months ago #282372 by krileon
You can copy 1 field to another with a simple update query. Example as follows.

UPDATE `jos_comprofiler` SET `FIELD_NAME_2` = `FIELD_NAME_1`

The above copies FIELD_NAME_1 value to FIELD_NAME_2 in CBs user table (_comprofiler). Replace jos_ with whatever your database table prefix is.

The field id is reserved so you must create a new fax field then copy the value over. If you started with a CB 1.x install that had sample data ran early in its release then this is most likely the cause of your fax field using a reserved field id.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn