[SOLVED] User profile save fails on frontend

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282879 by minionion
Hi,

I've recently updated CB to 2.0.14+build.2016.06.16.19.39.02.18f2ce0c8
Up to that point, profiles were working as expected. Now with ajax save, the profile save button shows "Loading" and then refreshes the Edit window instead of saving. I've tried disabling all the plugins one by one - no change. Tried disabling jQuery - still no save.

Running a save attempt in debug mode shows 10 duplicate queries (see below) . I'm not sure what to do with this information. Can you help?

Thanks,
Margaret

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not provide a massive query log. If is relevant then please attach as a text document.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282886 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic User profile save fails on frontend
Edit the field within profile edit and confirm the value is saving. Be sure you're testing the exact same value you're trying to save in the ajax usage. If it re-displays the edit view that typically means the user store failed for whatever reason (validation error, etc..). I've retested here and seams to be working perfectly fine.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #282893 by minionion
Replied by minionion on topic User profile save fails on frontend
Yes, it IS saving from admin profile edit. Can you suggest what else I could check to find why the user side profile save isn't saving? I've already tried disabling plugins and that doesn't seem to have any impact.

7 years 10 months ago #282896 by minionion
I found something possibly relevant in the logs - "Script timed out before returning headers" error for the profile page. I've adjusted max_execution_time in php.ini but have to wait until tomorrow to see if that changes anything because I cannot restart apache myself (shared server).

I'm still open to other suggestions.

7 years 10 months ago #282917 by minionion
Increasing max_execution_time had no impact

7 years 10 months ago #282919 by minionion
Debug system found 11 duplicate queries - all related to select from #__menu where id="n"

Does this information suggest what might be causing the issue?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn