Installation errors with new packages

7 years 10 months ago #283022 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installation errors with new packages
If that doesn't work then the only other explanation is the package installer is installed and did not uninstall it self. This can be fixed by going to Extensions > Manage and uninstalling it manually.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #283023 by krileon
Ok, have significantly improved the installer. It's smaller (removed jQuery in the installer, now uses CDN as fallback). It will delete the extensions folder before installing to ensure old packages can't possibly exist and break things. Error and Message output for packages under Log has been significantly improved.

Note the new installer isn't available yet, but should be sometime this week for future packages.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #283026 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Installation errors with new packages
Ok I leave the dev site online if you want to test.

7 years 10 months ago #283048 by krileon
New package builder is installed with an improved package installer. Please try building a new package to see if your issue persists.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 10 months ago #283100 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Installation errors with new packages
Trying with the new installer seems to solve things.
We only had a few problems with memory size due to a large package being uploaded, but the process went fine for main components and plugins.

Would it be possible to include in the installer a check of php memory and determine if it will be enough for the whole package ?

Typically we have a 256M php memory and got a size problem with CBSubs main plugin included in the 7,3 zip package.

7 years 10 months ago #283104 by krileon
It has no way of knowing how much memory is going to be used by the extensions or plugins being installed. CBSubs Tax is likely want consumed a large amount of your system memory as it has a very large XML file for its database information. CB Package Builder also ajax installs 1 by 1 dumping memory after each so nothing is ever done all at once in memory. In short it's as efficient as it can be.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.200 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn