Installation errors with new packages

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #282985 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Installation errors with new packages
Unzip the installer and install things 1 by 1 to see if there are any errors. Everything is inside the "extensions" folder of the zip. There is something wrong with your CB install or Joomla install. I've retested a full package (all our products) 3 times now and it works perfectly fine. You most likely have a permissions problem preventing files from moving properly. If you're installing through Joomla extension manager try installing through CB plugin manager or vise verse as needed (our installer works fine in both).

- errors trying to access CB in admin are :

I don't see how those errors are possible for a clean install. That configuration file does not exist and is only included if it exists to migrate CB 1.x configuration. Your install should not have that. Especially if it's a clean install as you stated.

and we got the following log from CB installation:

The plugin errors are saying the access column does not exist. This means your CB database is not CB 2.x, but still CB 1.x. Again, not possible if this is a clean install.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 10 months ago #282989 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Installation errors with new packages

The plugin errors are saying the access column does not exist. This means your CB database is not CB 2.x, but still CB 1.x. Again, not possible if this is a clean install.

this is a clean install as a clone of our live site. CB has been migrated to CB 2.0 a few months ago and is working great on the live server.

You most likely have a permissions problem preventing files from moving properly. If you're installing through Joomla extension manager try installing through CB plugin manager or vise verse as needed (our installer works fine in both).

Unzipping CB packages to install only package 001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.14+build.2016.06.16.19.39.02.18f2ce0c8 works fine and installs correctly.

But using your new installer fails with the above explanations.

I will have a dev clone of the live server available in a couple of hours if you want to have a look

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283005 by krileon

this is a clean install as a clone of our live site. CB has been migrated to CB 2.0 a few months ago and is working great on the live server.

A clone is not a clean install. Deploy an empty Joomla to your localhost then install the package you downloaded. If it works fine it's a conflict of some sort going on on your clone/live site specifically.

Unzipping CB packages to install only package 001_pkg_communitybuilder_2.0.14+build.2016.06.16.19.39.02.18f2ce0c8 works fine and installs correctly.

CB was installing fine in your package. Try installing one of the plugins that's throwing an error.

I will have a dev clone of the live server available in a couple of hours if you want to have a look

That'd be a huge help, thank you. Please PM login credentials once cloned and will debug the package installer. Also note I am already working on improvements for the installer to better output errors.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 10 months ago #283018 by activha

krileon wrote: Please PM login credentials once cloned and will debug the package installer. Also note I am already working on improvements for the installer to better output errors.

Credentials sent by PM

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283020 by krileon
Attempted to install a package of only CB Auto Actions. It then proceeded to try and install a very old package builder package. This is most absolutely Joomla tmp folder issues. Using FTP completely empty the /tmp folder in Joomla root (do not delete the folder). This has indeed crashed the test site due to the old code being installed.

I'll need to figure out a way for the package installer to protect against this. For now just install the packages through CB > Plugin Management and you shouldn't have these Joomla tmp folder issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #283021 by activha
I am not sure it's the tmp folder, it was empty when I installed the dev site an hour ago, and all caches were empty also.

When you tried to install, here is what the tmp folder looked like at the same time (screenshot)

So this is the installer trying to add other packages I guess.

I need to update the php.ini memory for larger packages if you want to retry

I have emptied the tmp folder again

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn