[SOLVED] I'm having problems with registration and can't figure out how to fix :-(

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #283823 by IAAF
I am using CB Subscriptions. I used to restrict one section of our site to registered members who have paid a registration fee. This was working nicely for the first few months, but I now just want everyone to pay a registration fee to join - to make it more simple.
One reason - this stopped working for me a few months ago - don't know why this happened and I do not know how to fix.

I just want all members to pay a yearly registration fee - should be simple - but I can't find a way to make this work. If current members (that have never paid a fee) want to access site, they should be first made to pay the registration fee before entering again.

I have tried to set this up but have been unsuccessful.

I just upgraded joomla to current version but am also unsuccessful in upgrading CB and CBSubs.

If anyone could print out basic instructions - this would be quite helpful. I'm using CB and CB-Subs.

Current versions are:

Joomla: 3.6.0
Community Builder 2.0.12
CB Subs: 4.0.1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #283837 by krileon
If you want to force a subscription then turn off free registrations without a subscription within CBSubs > Settings > Global. Anyone without a subscription will be asked to subscribe or renew and it blocks them from logging in.

As for your URL protection no longer working my guess is the URL you were protecting changed, CBSubs system plugin may not be published and public, or maybe CBSubs Content is not installed or isn't published and public.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #283857 by IAAF
thanks so much for assistance. I'm getting older now and not as good as I once was with understanding how to get this to work. I am attaching a photo of the CBSubs URL page in the admin section. As you can see in the URL area it is

/index.php?/option=com_comprofiler&review=editrow ........ etc.

not sure if this is correct or not - or does it need to look like a a regular page URL - /user/plug_cbpaidsubscriptions/plugin?

If I paid a fee, would you be able to take a look at my site - I think it is something simple but I cannot get this to work.
Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #283858 by krileon
The URL part protection is configured directly in your plans under Integrations > Extensions using the By URL Part parameter. Review the parameter carefully and I also recommend reading through the CBSubs Primer Book.

If I paid a fee, would you be able to take a look at my site - I think it is something simple but I cannot get this to work.

Install reviews have no additional cost if we've reason to suspect a potential bug. For installation configuration services see our installation services page below for details.

www.joomlapolis.com/services/installation

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #284002 by IAAF
I believe I have everything configured as suggested - and have upgraded to newest version of CB Paid Subscriptions -
Still can't figure out why this is not working.

I am attaching the global CBsubs permissions and global config for CB-Subs. If you don't see anything wrong with these, would you be able to log into my administration section and take a look? I could send you userid & password via private message. I must be missing something stupid and I'm just not seeing what it is.

I still have an active DEVELOPER account and hope to renew if I can get this working.

Donna

[REMOVED]
Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago #284007 by krileon
You have upgrades globally turned off. This means existing registered users can't subscribe to anything. Set "how subscription plans upgrade possibilities" to "Yes" within CBSubs > Settings > Global.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn