language file _UE_REG_COMPLETE_NOPASS

7 years 9 months ago #284006 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic language file _UE_REG_COMPLETE_NOPASS
In this particular case it is a custom plugin for CBSubs that is activating plans when the user is buying some merchandise. I could maybe replace it by autoactions, but this plugin is much more convenient because it can be configured in the "integrations" of a particular merchandise, and if I copy this merchandise to a new one also the integration settings get copied.
You can do this with a single auto action per plan or if you've multiple plans activating the same plan they can share the same action. Yes making a new merchandise requires a new action, but that's just a matter of copying the action and changing the plan id. All of which would eliminate the need for you to maintain custom code.

I don't see what such an integration has to do with firing CBs registration triggers though. It does not sound like your integration is coded properly to act on a subscription state change or payment.

Instead of trying to write all of this custom code that you have to maintain I recommend fully describing what you want to accomplish and we find a solution to automated all of this. We do not assist with custom coding so this will become further problematic as you have more issues.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #284019 by poml
Replied by poml on topic language file _UE_REG_COMPLETE_NOPASS
Thanks for reply. I fully agree it is not your job to debug my code. Thanks for helping anyway.

I guess you are right about the auto actions, it should be possible to do it this way. I will try again with the workaround you provided in the other thread.

To describe best what I need I think maybe you could have a quick look at my page, I PMed you the links to at least one form I am using.

It is all about event registration and interfacing this to CB. I think what I need to do is not possible with CB alone, that's why there is the interface between RSForm and CB.

But I could try to put it all in words too.

7 years 9 months ago #284042 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic language file _UE_REG_COMPLETE_NOPASS
If RSForms is absolutely needed I'd use it entirely for a supplemental purpose. Meaning send them to CB to register and use RSForms strictly for registering for events. This eliminates the need of trying to register users your self.

CB Conditional can be used to condition fields/tabs based off other fields/tabs or static values. So it's very helpful allowing for different profile types. CB Auto Actions for example can act on the before and after registration triggers to handle additional storage needs as well as the before registration form display trigger to modify the form. There's a lot of possibilities to minimize the amount of code you maintain.

Unfortunately as said before I can't suggest much further without a clear definition of usecase. I don't recall the URL to your RSForms page.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn