CB Activity - Users unable to comment

7 years 4 weeks ago #292928 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic CB Activity - Users unable to comment
Kyle,
I accept all you said. Doing the upgrade without backup before was a bad idea. However, I restored my page and all is back again. I created a sandbox and made a copy in the sandbox. Than I installed all upgrades in the sandbox and I can confirm same behaivor. After upgrading using all the list of new packages as written before in this threat to the new version, I lost all content in the activity stream - this time wihtout downgrade.

It seems something is wrong in your patch.

Good luck., this time I have my live page unaffected. But I would really like to upgrade to Activity 4.0.0 to get rid of this connection thing.

Yours,
Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292932 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity - Users unable to comment
What activity are you losing exactly? Check within _comprofiler_plugin_activity to ensure after installing CB Activity 4.0.0 that the asset column has a value. It migrates type, subtype, item, and parent during install and turns those 4 columns into an asset value. This has worked flawlessly in 3 different test installs including our demo site. It even migrated and install with over 10,000 activity entries perfectly fine. The only reason for that migration to fail is if something interrupted your migration.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292941 by DG5FU
Kyle,

I attached 4 files to this reply:
-1- "work.png" - this file shows how it should look like
-2- "fail.png" - this is how it looks after the upgrade on the mirror page, and
-3- "data.png" is how the table looks after the upgrade.
-4- "data_old.png" is how the table looked before the upgrade.

So I think the asset got the data - but why is it not being displayed?

Andy
Attachments:

7 years 4 weeks ago #292946 by krileon
Your asset is migration fine. Your issue is either CB Gallery was not updated or the Gallery profile tab is not accessible. Gallery entries on the stream use the profile asset. The profile asset will check the tab of that users profile to see if it's accessible. If it isn't it removes those entries. If you don't want to use the tab then set it public, published, and move it to a not shown on profile position. Yes, this is a change from how it previously behaved but how it previously behaved did not properly check this access (it now does).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292961 by DG5FU
Thanks for your feedback Kyle.
The Version of the Plugin is:

And here you can see the Tab is published:

Still I cant see the content. What else could be wrong?

Andy
Attachments:

7 years 4 weeks ago #292967 by krileon
Are you using a custom CB Gallery or CB Activity template? If so change them back to default template within their configuration. If issue persists please PM backend super administrator login credentials and will take a look.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.255 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn