CB Activity - Users unable to comment

7 years 4 weeks ago #292900 by DG5FU
Replied by DG5FU on topic CB Activity - Users unable to comment
Dear Kyle,
I saw activity version 4.0.0 available, but after installing the plug in the page crashed (whitepage!). Only installing the previous version 3.0.1 from the backend made the page available, but I lost all activity.
What did I do wrong? How can I upgrade to version 4.0.0 without loosing the activity stream?

Andy

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292901 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity - Users unable to comment
You don't lose any activity upgrading to CB Activity 4.0.0. We have never supported downgrades so by installing CB Activity 3.x over top of 4.x you may have lost activity, but most likely it's still there. Install CB Activity 4.0.0 then enable debug mode and maximum error reporting in Joomla global configuration to see what the error is.

Note a new nightly for CB Activity 4.0.0 has been released in addition to one for CB Gallery, CB Auto Actions, and GJ Wall to address some bugs.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292909 by DG5FU
Thanks Kyle

I managed to get the activity stream back, but now it does not show the activity itselfe... It only says "Andy did one hour ago" but its not displying the picture I uploaded and its not saying what I actually did...

I cant find the setting where this is being configured.... any idea?

Andy

7 years 4 weeks ago #292916 by krileon

I managed to get the activity stream back, but now it does not show the activity itselfe... It only says "Andy did one hour ago" but its not displying the picture I uploaded and its not saying what I actually did...

You need to update more than CB Activity. CB Gallery, CB Auto Actions, and GJ all have activity compatibility releases. If the gallery activity still isn't displaying then the profile gallery isn't accessible. Ensure the Gallery tab is public and published.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 4 weeks ago #292921 by DG5FU
Kyle,
I updated to
CB Activity: 4.0.0
CB Auto actions 6.3.6
CB GroupJive: 3.1.1 (by the way - there is a bug in your backend: The link from the backend version upgrade leads to GJWall and not the GJ Package)
CB Gallery: 2.0.1
CB GJ About, File, Forums, Photo, Video and Wall: 3.1.1
en-GB and de-DE files: 2.1.2.1.0.6
CB Activity Module to version 4.0.0

but still I see no activity in the stream. The Tab "Gallery" is published and accessible from the profile menue.

I am running out of ideas, but probably miss something important.

Andy

7 years 4 weeks ago #292923 by krileon
You likely wiped out your activity then. Upgrading to CB Activity 4.0 migrates type, subtype, item, and parent database columns to asset. CB Activity 3.0 doesn't have an asset column and by installing CB Activity 3.0 over top of 4.0 it sees a column in its table that shouldn't exist so it deletes it. Unless you've a backup your only option is to empty your activity table and start over. Folks, don't attempt to downgrade. Downgrades do not exist.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.958 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn