[#6121] CBSubs Promotions

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #284190 by MAYASIMA
[#6121] CBSubs Promotions was created by MAYASIMA
Hello,

I have setup a promotion that applies to all purchases from 7/29/2016 until 12/31/2016. I applied it to two plans. I apllied it to registration but not renewals and upgrades. I did not use any conditions, The groups I set to buyers everywhere and for the display I changed it to automatically show the sale display.

I read the manual and read articles from the joomlapolis forum, I do not know what I am doing wrong but it just doesn't display it or change the prices on my registration page.

Please help,

Thanks,

Sima

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #284208 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Promotions
Try removing the date range and see if it's working then. If not please PM backend super administrator login credentials or attach screenshots of the promotions configuration so I can review how it's setup.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #284230 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Promotions
I removed the dates and the promotion shows now. So what might cause the issue with the dates?

Also I have an issue withe the plan price and duration display. Here are my settings:

However the result is as follows:

Thanks!

Sima
Attachments:

7 years 9 months ago - 7 years 9 months ago #284248 by krileon
Date range usage is working fine in my tests. How close to the date is your range? For example 1 day before/after the current date? All date calculations use UTC.

Was able to confirm the "Text to highlight promotion on plan (e.g. SALE!)" text is not working though and have added a bug ticket for it.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 9 months ago #284266 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Promotions
It is an issue with the date range, something funny is going on.

Whenever I try to save a time starting below 20:00 it changes the time back to 20:00 and it deducts a day. For example, when I try to save August 5 at 18:00 it changes it to August 4 at 20:00.

If I try to change it to a time above 20:00 it also changes the time back to 20:00 but not the day. For example, when I save August 5 at 21:00 it changes it to August 5 at 20:00.

Can you let me know if you can reproduce it?

In regards UTC, it would be appreciated if this can be changed in the future so that it takes the Joomla time zone setting.

Thanks,

Sima

7 years 9 months ago #284289 by krileon

Whenever I try to save a time starting below 20:00 it changes the time back to 20:00 and it deducts a day. For example, when I try to save August 5 at 18:00 it changes it to August 4 at 20:00.

If I try to change it to a time above 20:00 it also changes the time back to 20:00 but not the day. For example, when I save August 5 at 21:00 it changes it to August 5 at 20:00.

Can you let me know if you can reproduce it?

Our datetime usages work by showing you local and saving as UTC. It however shouldn't be changing like that. I was able to confirm your issue. Something isn't working right for the datetime usage here. The time resets to 19:00:00 and subtracts a day in my tests.

This looks like an issue in CB it self with how XML datetimes are being parsed. Have added a bug ticket to investigate immediately and see what's breaking this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/6126

In regards UTC, it would be appreciated if this can be changed in the future so that it takes the Joomla time zone setting.

That will never change. In order for calculations to be accurate they need to always be made in UTC. CBSubs may or may not offset during this, but storage is always done in UTC.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn