[#6121] CBSubs Promotions

7 years 9 months ago #284290 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Promotions
Ok, it's an issue in CBSubs it self and not CBs datetime XML usage. That parameter is being output as datetime, but it's stored in the database as date. It needs to have its XML type changed or database type changed depending on what direction Beat would like to go with its functionality.

You maybe able to workaround the issue by saving it and let the datetime break. Next change the date, but leave the time alone. Saving it this time should work ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 9 months ago #284291 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs Promotions
To be noted that Joomla itself always saves in UTC but converts at display time.

That's the correct way to do things, as the exact time is the same for everyone, independently of his/her timezone.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 9 months ago #284326 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Promotions

To be noted that Joomla itself always saves in UTC but converts at display time.

That is what I meant with my feature request.

Has this now been added as a bug ticket for CBSubs?

7 years 9 months ago #284330 by beat
Replied by beat on topic CBSubs Promotions

MAYASIMA wrote:

That is what I meant with my feature request.

Has this now been added as a bug ticket for CBSubs?

Yes, affects only first saving. Just resave to get it right.

Kyle cited the ticket number above:

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

7 years 8 months ago #284369 by MAYASIMA
Replied by MAYASIMA on topic CBSubs Promotions

Yes, affects only first saving. Just resave to get it right.

I can wait till bug is fixed, I just wanted to let you know that with me it does not get it right after saving it a second time.

Thx,

Sima

7 years 8 months ago #284389 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs Promotions
After saving the first time do not change the time values. Only change the year, month, and day. That should work fine. Whatever the time value resets to simply let it stay there (it won't matter because the column in the database isn't datetime so it does not save the time).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn