Not show username in profiel url

7 years 5 months ago #287903 by wrongjon
Not show username in profiel url was created by wrongjon
Hi
My client isn't happy with seeing peoples usernames in the profile urls?

We don't show usernames around the site or in profiles so is there yet a way or new CB plugin to not use username in the url and instead use full name or userid/name combination etc

I understand that each url must be unique so just name could lead to duplicates

Usernames should be private really to avoid hacking

Thanks
Jonathan

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #287908 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Not show username in profiel url
Custom profile URLs has not been implemented yet. The feature is done and pending peer review before it's merged in, but it will be available in CB 2.1 and at some point in one of our nightlies. This feature adds a new Profile URL field where a custom profile alias can be specified per user. There is no global (and no plans for) parameter to change what value it uses at this time so you'd need to use something like CB Auto Actions to change the URLs (once feature is implemented) after registration/profile update or modify the routing file.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287909 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Not show username in profiel url
Thank you Krileon

Is this feature days, weeks or months away would you say? I'm launching this site in next 2-3 weeks.

Jonathan

7 years 5 months ago #287913 by krileon
CB 2.1 is scheduled to release first week of December. So it'll be merged in before that. As to when before then I don't know; that depends on how quickly it is reviewed and merged into master branch for release.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 5 months ago #287972 by krileon
The Profile URL field is available now in latest CB build, but CB Auto Actions can't safely set it yet (will be adding custom functionality to set it safely so id prefix won't happen).

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

7 years 5 months ago #287973 by wrongjon
Replied by wrongjon on topic Not show username in profiel url
Hi
Thanks for keeping me update don this.

So for now probably just safest to wait until 2.1 released and by then you may have an auto action that can set the profiel url upon registration

Ill have to use an SQL update to set the 3000 existing members before i launch :)

Sorry not sure what you meant by ID prefix wont happen?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.185 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn