Moving CB and CB-Subs and integrated components to a new site

7 years 5 months ago #287922 by JerryK132
We have a live site using CB/CBS and a number of integrated modules - eg jFusion/phpBB3, Acymailing, Akeeba, ChronoForms, and others. We have also created a new site with different template and layouts, etc. We would like to move all the CB/CBS configuration and data (users, plans, custom fields, history, etc) as simply as possible to the new site.

The new site has some new components - T3, K2, and some others. We have also already configured CBLogin in the new site, but not much else as regards CB/CBS.

We have seen the other topics:
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/223818-transferring-a-cb-cbs-configuration-is-this-possible
and
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/219703-move--copy-cb-database#

So we have some questions for you:

1. We are using J: 3.6.2 CB: 2.0.15 CBS: 4.1.0. Does this change the instructions in the other topics mentioned above?

2. Would it be best to move CB/CBS (which are already installed on the new site) simply by moving the relevant tables and then to reconfigure elements such as CBLogin which will have been overwritten?

3. I appreciate that generally you cannot comment on third party modules, but is it generally fair to say that we should first install all other required modules and then overwrite their relevant DB tables and follow their developers' own advice as regards moving the components? My question is especially directed at preserving integration configurations shared between CB/CBS and the other components such as AcyMailing, jFusion, ChronoEngine, etc.

4. As regards the user data which we obviously want to preserve and transfer to the new site, how do we proceed? If we transfer the CB/CBS tables that will transfer CB users so can we use the CB Tools Synchronise Users Tool to insert the users into Joomla's tables?

5. We have a choice between using Akeeba to backup/restore tables or using phpMyAdmin. Do you have any views on the simplest/best route?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 5 months ago #287931 by krileon
The biggest issue with moving data is IDs no longer matching. If you're doing a full export of your CB tables then importing them back in you should be fine in regards to plugins, fields, etc.. but User IDs would also need to match which means moving Joomla users as well. To move users I suggest using CB Juice for that. So probably easiest way is start off with a fresh install, install all the plugins you're wanting to keep, migrate your users with CB Juice, then export and import your CB tables over top.

We really don't have a formal process for this sort of thing so you basically just have to wing it and see if it works. Be sure to keep plenty of backups.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: JerryK132

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn