Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Transferring a CB/CBS configuration - is this possible?

• austega
  • austega
10 years 5 months ago #238396 by austega
I have found www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/219703-move--copy-cb-database#221061 but think my situation may be a little more complex.

I have created a test-site mirror of my client's site (using Akeeba Backup/Kickstart), installed CB/CBS and spent some time on it configuring it - 23 plans, large number of custom fields etc). When the client is ready I want to replicate this build/process on the then live site - which will have moved on a little in terms of Virtuemart and DT Register transactions as well as undoubtedly some content changes - though probably not too many user or related changes.

Is there any easier reliable way to copy the CB/CBS configuration on the test site to the live site?

I have just rebuilt the test site and it has taken most of a week to replicate the previous test site CB/CBS configuration - and it is somewhat tedious, and so prone to human error.

In the forum post linked above I think the reference was to copying across an existing CB setup to a fresh Joomla site, which is not my situation.

Is there any reliable process that fits my needs? Most of the work is in setting up the fields and the plans so these parts would be particular targets for handling by copying tables if the full setup cannot be done reliably. My attempt so far with copying across a table of field definitions did not work successfully - I suspect a successful approach would involve copying across a number of related tables and then checking that references to userids and perhaps other references are in sync. For instance in the plans data, I assume the references to tax rules etc would require that the tax rule ids are identical in the test and live systems - and similarly for user group ids and perhaps other Joomla data elements outside CB/CBS etc.

Is there any reliable way to reduce the time of rebuilding the complex configuration on the target site?

J2.5.16 CB 1.9.1 CBS 3.0.0

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 5 months ago #238414 by krileon
Directly copy over the CB and CBSubs database tables (all tables beginning with _comprofiler and _cbsubs) then copy over the comprofiler component folder and administrator component folder. That should have everything moved over except Joomla modules/plugins. Next if CB wasn't installed on the users site run Discovery from Joomlas extension manager so it can find and install CB to the _extensions table.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• austega
  • austega
10 years 5 months ago #238461 by austega
Thanks Kyle - that is exactly what I was after.

I understand that with the Discovery step, there is no need to install CB/CBS on the destination site.

I imagine it would be important to ensure that some non CB/CBS elements are consistent across the source and destination sites before going through this process. I am thinking of at least:
  • User Groups
  • Access Viewing Levels

Are there any other such elements that occur to you?

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 5 months ago #238492 by krileon
Just usergroups should be consistent and you should be fine and by consistent I mean the IDs need to match exactly. This could be achieved by moving over the _usergroups table too.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austega

• austega
  • austega
10 years 5 months ago #238564 by austega
OK now I am wanting even more!

We have uploaded data from an offline membership system and are using it to test and refine the CB/CBS configuration on our test system. Once this testing and refinement is complete I would like to be able to efficiently transfer the CB/CBS system to the live site but without the then out of date test data (prior to reuploading the latest data from the offline system).

What do I need to do to transfer the configuration etc but not the member data?

I think I am asking which data tables do I need to truncate (or empty) before I do the process you described above? (Probably I would delete the records from an SQL export of the CB/CBS tables before importing to the live site.) I assume it would include the following tables:
_comprofiler
_comprofiler_userreports
_comprofiler_views
_cbsubs_donations/merchandises/subscriptions
_cbsubs_payments/baskets/items/totalizers
_cbsubs_notifications

but wasn't as sure about
_comprofiler_members
_cbsubs_history
_cbsubs_mailer_automessage/mailqueue/sentmail

Can you point me in the right direction?

• krileon
  • krileon
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #238591 by krileon
Transfer every table that doesn't have user data in it. Review them carefully then move them over as needed. The below for example you wouldn't want to move over as they just contain user or site specific data.

_cbsubs_donations
_cbsubs_history
_cbsubs_mailer_mailqueue
_cbsubs_mailer_sentmails
_cbsubs_merchandises
_cbsubs_notifications
_cbsubs_payments
_cbsubs_payment_baskets
_cbsubs_payment_items
_cbsubs_payment_totalizers
_cbsubs_promotions_uses
_cbsubs_subscriptions

_comprofiler
_comprofiler_members
_comprofiler_userreports
_comprofiler_views

The list can grow greatly depending on what you have installed as many CB plugins create their databases as _comprofiler_plugin_PLUGIN.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
Last edit: 10 years 5 months ago by krileon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: austega

Moderators: beatnantkrileon