Skip to Content Skip to Menu

CBSubs - Paying for past years?

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
7 years 5 months ago - 7 years 5 months ago #288466 by itsjeff
Replied by itsjeff on topic CBSubs - Paying for past years?

krileon wrote:

Could we have members pay offline/by phone and add the entry in the back end?

Yes, that's the purpose of the offline payment gateway. Either you or them will still need to generate the basket on frontend though.

I understood that was possible. I meant was, is it possible to use the offline payment method to generate & input subscriptions for past years, or does it still depend on the no gap config?

For instance, John Smith acknowledges he would like to pay for the missing years and sends a check for those two years. Could an admin add a subscription record for 2014 and 2015 on his behalf?

Additionally, can the "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)" be utilized if the plans are configured to have a duration of "1 calendar year" rather than 1 year (from current)?
Last edit: 7 years 5 months ago by itsjeff. Reason: additional question

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288474 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs - Paying for past years?

I understood that was possible. I meant was, is it possible to use the offline payment method to generate & input subscriptions for past years, or does it still depend on the no gap config?

It's still subject to whatever you've configured the plan behavior to be.

For instance, John Smith acknowledges he would like to pay for the missing years and sends a check for those two years. Could an admin add a subscription record for 2014 and 2015 on his behalf?

Yes, you can give subscriptions from backend which bypasses basket creation or you can go through frontend then pay the basket on backend to go through normal subscription processes.

Additionally, can the "Renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap)" be utilized if the plans are configured to have a duration of "1 calendar year" rather than 1 year (from current)?

I believe so, but I've never tried that scenario.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• itsjeff
  • itsjeff
7 years 5 months ago #288547 by itsjeff
Replied by itsjeff on topic CBSubs - Paying for past years?

krileon wrote:

It's still subject to whatever you've configured the plan behavior to be.

I'm sorry, this confused me more than it helped. Is this right?
If they want to have users able to pay for past/missing years, it has to be set to renewal extends expiration date (without gap or overlap). The limitation here is that if they do want to allow gaps in membership, this configuration doesn't allow that. Am I understanding properly?

krileon wrote:

Yes, you can give subscriptions from backend which bypasses basket creation or you can go through frontend then pay the basket on backend to go through normal subscription processes.

I see the tab while editing a user in User Management which allows an admin to pick/edit/delete a subscription, and in the "Subscriptions" area of CB Subs it just lists those that exist.

How would I add one for 2014 and 2015 as in the example? Is there a tutorial or documentation I've missed on this?

Last, I've attempted to set up the Auto Actions to count & increment subscription payments, and upgrade users after 15. I'm attaching screenshots of each action's config. Would you mind taking a look to verify?

Thank you very much for your assistance.
- Jeff
Attachments:

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 5 months ago #288565 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs - Paying for past years?

The limitation here is that if they do want to allow gaps in membership, this configuration doesn't allow that. Am I understanding properly?

Correct.

I see the tab while editing a user in User Management which allows an admin to pick/edit/delete a subscription, and in the "Subscriptions" area of CB Subs it just lists those that exist.

Access checks are still made even in backend. Meaning if your plan doesn't allow upgrades you won't be able to upgrade them to that plan from backend user edit.

How would I add one for 2014 and 2015 as in the example? Is there a tutorial or documentation I've missed on this?

You don't. You just keep renewing until it's up to date if you don't allow overlap. In backend case I believe renewing once should catch them up.

Last, I've attempted to set up the Auto Actions to count & increment subscription payments, and upgrade users after 15. I'm attaching screenshots of each action's config. Would you mind taking a look to verify?

Looks ok.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: itsjeff

Moderators: beatnantkrileon