Skip to Content Skip to Menu

Register Date randomly changes

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
7 years 3 months ago #291307 by cagoffice
Register Date randomly changes was created by cagoffice
Hello,

We have discovered that some of our members have had their Register Date changed randomly.

The only thing we can think of is this:

1.) We did a re-import using cbjuice to correct a bulk number of users but only certain fields. So we imported the following fields:
username
cb_profession
cb_companyname

Since we only imported 3 fields, we were under the impression that all other fields would remain as is (including Register Date).

2.) We noticed that the next time someone goes into the profile to edit and then "save", it revises the Register Date.

So now we have no idea what the true Register Date is and it's affecting us because we have fields that pre-populate using Actions that are based on Register Date. So I have some members that have fields populating when they shouldn't.

Help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #291331 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Register Date randomly changes

1.) We did a re-import using cbjuice to correct a bulk number of users but only certain fields. So we imported the following fields:
username
cb_profession
cb_companyname

Since we only imported 3 fields, we were under the impression that all other fields would remain as is (including Register Date).

Can't comment regarding this as we're not the developer of CB Juice. I've no idea what it does and does not do in regards to fields. I would assume it'd just override whatever is there with what you supplied.

2.) We noticed that the next time someone goes into the profile to edit and then "save", it revises the Register Date.

The register date is only set by CB when it's a new user (no user id). Joomla or a 3rd party extension could be saving it though as it's a core Joomla column in _users.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
7 years 3 months ago #291334 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Register Date randomly changes
Yea what it looks like it happening is that when we re-imported some users using cbjuice, it reset the Register Date to zeros. Then when the user renewed their subscription, it used THAT renew date as the "Register Date".

Is there anyway to pull a list of new members (those who applied and were approved in the past 12 months) without searching by Register Date since we can no longer trust that date.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #291338 by krileon

Yea what it looks like it happening is that when we re-imported some users using cbjuice, it reset the Register Date to zeros. Then when the user renewed their subscription, it used THAT renew date as the "Register Date".

Nothing to do with the subscription date. It just set the date to current datetime as that's when a user store was triggered. So could happen basically anywhere (profile edit, subscription, etc..).

Is there anyway to pull a list of new members (those who applied and were approved in the past 12 months) without searching by Register Date since we can no longer trust that date.

No.

Best way to fix the issue is see if you've a backup. Restore the backup to separate domain then fix the dates that got broken. Aside from that You can try setting their registration date to the date they last logged in. Suppose could also be the date they last updated their profile as well. Example as follows.

Code:
UPDATE `jos_users` SET `registerDate` = `lastvisitDate` WHERE `lastvisitDate` != '0000-00-00 00:00:00' AND `registerDate` = '0000-00-00 00:00:00'

Adjust jos_ to whatever your database prefix is. Make a backup before running any direct database queries.

If you require a subscription during registration you could also try using the date they first subscribed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by krileon.

• cagoffice
  • cagoffice
7 years 3 months ago #291340 by cagoffice
Replied by cagoffice on topic Register Date randomly changes
I don't think doing that will help me as this re-import we did was January of 2016 and we didn't realize this issue was happening until now. We are a year late in catching it.

I think what I will end up doing is pulling from my email all of the auto-emails we get when someone new applies and cross check them. I think that is the only way I can determine who is REALLY new.

• krileon
  • krileon
7 years 3 months ago #291343 by krileon
You may want to report this below though encase it's a bug as it doesn't sound intentional that register date be reset.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/226-cb-juice

Aside from that I don't have anything further to suggest. Checking against emails sent to get a better idea on what date they registered is probably the only option unless something else logged a date early in their registration process.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon