Display fields in a row in registration

7 years 1 month ago #292609 by Perlwitz
Display fields in a row in registration was created by Perlwitz
Hello, I'm looking for an easy way to display to or more fields in a row in the registration form, like zipcode and city.
Can anyone help?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #292615 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display fields in a row in registration
Each field is contained in a single div. If you order those 2 fields one after another you can use CSS to make them appear as columns (side by side in a single row). Example as follows.

.cbft_password {
	display: inline-block;
	width: 50%
}

You can find the class on the div surrounding your fields by right clicking and clicking inspect element on them. You can also add your own CSS class using the "CSS Class" parameter found while editing your field in CB > Field Management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: highonryan

7 years 1 month ago #293023 by Perlwitz
Replied by Perlwitz on topic Display fields in a row in registration
First, thank you for your answer but I didnt understand everything.

Where do I have to put in the code?

For example, I am having a field with "street", so is it right when the code looks like this?

.cbft_street {
	display: inline-block;
	width: 50%
}

7 years 1 month ago #293032 by krileon
You can put custom CSS within your Joomla template or using CBs built in CSS overrides functionality.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18711-template-css-overrides-made-easy

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #293035 by Perlwitz
Replied by Perlwitz on topic Display fields in a row in registration
Thank you, that is helpful.

Now, I have one more question.
How can I remove the gap between two fields in the registration form?

Attachments:

7 years 1 month ago #293039 by krileon
They either have a margin being applied to them or their container div has a padding or width set making them that far apart. You need to review the CSS being applied to them by right clicking and inspecting element in your browser to open the browsers developer console.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn