Display fields in a row in registration

7 years 1 month ago #293096 by Perlwitz
Replied by Perlwitz on topic Display fields in a row in registration
Im having one more problem now.

I used this code to modify the position:
.cbft_text { 	display: inline-block; 	width: 33% }

But with this code, nearly every field get changed.

I just want to modify 3 out of 6. Where can i find the right name for the field?
If my thoughts are right, i just need to change the "text" in the code, but with what?

Thank you!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

7 years 1 month ago #293099 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Display fields in a row in registration
You're changing every text field. The CSS class added to each row is type specific not field specific. You can add your own CSS class to fields by editing them within CB > Field Management then style your class or use the rows ID.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago #293105 by Perlwitz
How can I add a style class which will look just like the other fields but with less width?

7 years 1 month ago #293108 by krileon
The size of a text field can be adjusted by using the Size parameter while editing it within CB > Field Management. If you mean the width of the container div like in your CSS then you need to specifically target that divs ID (right click and inspect element on the field to review its DOM) or add your own CSS class to the field by editing it within CB > Field Management (see the CSS Class parameter of each field) then style that CSS class.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #293125 by Perlwitz
Warning: Spoiler!

With "password" it works but which class i have to use to modify my own fields?
Im also tried it with the field "email" but it didnt work for me...

please help. im very confused about this thing.

EDIT: In the css code i found "cbft_primaryemailaddress", with this it worked...
But I build some own fields which having the class "text" in the css code and with this all fields get changed.
how can i modify just one of my own fields...

7 years 1 month ago #293130 by krileon
You need to use the ID of the field row or you need to edit the field in CB > Field Management and add your own CSS class then style it. It will be easier if you just add your own CSS class to the fields you want styled then style that CSS class. Example as follows.

CSS Class: forceFieldsToColumn
CSS:
.forceFieldsToColumn {
	display: inline-block;
	width: 50%
}

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn