Can CB or Group Jive provide this functionality?

6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #296035 by wbuk
RE: www.joomlapolis.com/forum/255-developer-members-support/219704-can-cb-or-group-jive-provide-this-functionality#296035

I have set it up so that students can submit coursework and when the students submit the work, they cannot see anyone eles work. So that bit works fine.

The next step is the tutor then looks at the work... it is at this point, if the tutor is happy they APPROVE the work.
Then the examiner can then see that the file has been approved and so he / she will then give it a final mark.

The big problem I have is that when the tutor LOOKS at the file, the file is then automatically approved and if the work is wrong there seems to way to un-approve it. This means that when the examiner looks at the file list, he/she thinks all the work is approved by the tutor.

So its would be good to have this option. Finally, it would be good to be able to set the description field on the so that only certain people can use that ie the Tutor and the Examiner to leave comments for the Student.

The system was not designed for this, but it works about 80% successfully and the kids love it as Group Jive is so graphical.

[MOD EDIT]: Please do not reply to a 4 year old topic. Create a new topic and reference the old if you feel it's relevant.

Web Buster UK Ltd

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 9 months ago #296042 by krileon
Viewing a file in GJ should not approve it. It has to be approved using the approve button or menu item for that file. Nothing can be unapproved, but it can be unpublished.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn