Can CB or Group Jive provide this functionality?

11 years 1 month ago #221044 by gravesie
I want to know if GroupJive or Community builder can do the following, maybe with the addition of plugins developed by me if necessary. I am new to Community Builder and would love some help please. We have tried Videogals but with little or no documentation and hard coded mark-up are finding it very difficult to adapt.
Have:
The sharing permissions are based on which Group the media belongs to NOT the User. It is the media that has the viewable permissions; this allows the User and Admin to share or keep media private.
Groups:
• Public - set with permissions for all to see
• Private – set with permissions for logged in User ( to see own media)
• My Friends – set with permissions for Registered Users set as My Friends to see

Users:
• Each user can either upload audio / video OR add a link to Vimeo or YouTube
• Add / Change the group(permissions) of the media
• Can add comments to media (not sure if moderated or not yet)

Media:
• View media depending on which group it belongs to - Private, My friends or Public
• Viewed on its own page (thus providing access permissions depending on which Group it belongs to)
• Add additional fields to the media that an Administrator could maintain e.g. featured on home page

Eventually there will be a fee paying subscription to view media and comments to Registered Users.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

11 years 1 month ago #221047 by krileon
GroupJive Groups have the following types in addition to access (usergroup based) permission.

Public - Can be joined by anyone, data visibility is based off "Public" parameters of integration tabs.. so can be Publicly joined, but content is private to the group, etc..

Approval - Can be viewed and joined, but join needs to be approved by group owner, group admin, or group moderator... see Public description for data public display.

Invite Only - Can not be viewed or joined unless the user is invited by someone in the group.

For users the only solution we've available for privacy control is CB Privacy, which lets the user set who can see the tabs/fields on their profile. This is not usergroup based.

Media, I've no idea your exact usage but GroupJive comes with a Video, Event, Photo, Wall, File, and more integrations that are Group by Group based. We've no dedicated solution for media except CB ProfileGallery, which only does files and videos and has no relation to GroupJive.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gravesie

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn