image moderation no longer working after upgrade

6 years 7 months ago #297370 by akasharkbow
Hi there

I recently upgraded CB and all plugins to the latest version (2.1.3+build.2017.08.27.10.28.19.6800e52ca). The requirement to moderate images/avatars no longer seems to be working.

In the Configuration options, I have "Require Upload Image Approval" set to "Yes" and "Send moderators email" set to "Yes". Neither of these seem to be working: when a user uploads a new avatar, I am not sent an email and the image is published without approval.

However, at the moment the "Profile logger" plugin is sending me notifications - so I do at least find out when avatar activity is happening.

I have not changed my settings at all, except for the upgrade - do you have any ideas of what might be going on? (I can't remember what version of CB I upgraded from - one that was perhaps 6-9 months old?)

Thanks so much.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 7 months ago #297380 by krileon
Image moderation is working fine here. Just approved an image today. My guess is you incorrectly have everyone set to be moderators. Ensure "Moderator View Access Level" within CB > Configuration > Moderation is strictly set. If it's set to Public or Registered for example then every user has moderator permissions and moderators are not subject to image approval.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297382 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic image moderation no longer working after upgrade
Thanks for the reply. Nope - moderation is set to "Administrators and super-administrators only".

I've been using this component for years, and moderation was working until the upgrade - I did not change the settings.

6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #297386 by krileon

Thanks for the reply. Nope - moderation is set to "Administrators and super-administrators only".

That's the "Allow Moderators to Edit User Profiles" parameter. You need to adjust the "Moderators View Access Level" parameter. If that is set correctly then edit the image field within CB > Field Management and ensure approval wasn't overridden at the field level.

I've been using this component for years, and moderation was working until the upgrade - I did not change the settings.

Nothing changed with image moderation recently. That code has not been touched in months. The only moderation changes recently were to approve users and user reports where we made the checkboxes unchecked by default. Image moderation however was not touched in any way.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 7 months ago #297390 by akasharkbow
Replied by akasharkbow on topic image moderation no longer working after upgrade
OK - the setting on that "Moderators View Access Level" parameter is "Special".

6 years 7 months ago #297397 by krileon
Then my guess is you've overridden image approval within the fields parameters. Edit the field within CB > Field Management and ensure "Upload Approval" under Parameters > Image Limits is set to "Normal CB Default".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.383 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn