Case feasibility

6 years 5 months ago #298992 by activha
Case feasibility was created by activha
Hello Kyle,

I need your advice and input to check whether we could develop something with CB and CB subs

1) We would need a donation plan with only one fixed amount : 10 cents This plan would be linked to a button that could be displayed by js on any other external website.

In this button code, we would link a user id or a cb field to link to the user who has put the button on its website. Let's call him user A

When the button is clicked by a user B viewing user A website, then user B is invited to pay if he is already a member of our network or to register/pay if he is not already a member.

2) When the donation is paid, an Important point is that user A would then automatically pay/donate several times the donation paid by user B : 2x10 cents if he is member of group X and 3x10 cents if he is member of group Y (of if he already has a X or Y subscription plan for instance)

3) We would like to have a special gateway for this donation plan so that there is no transfer of money until a level is reached (to avoid gateway commission fees)
Say that user B would have to buy 10 $ cards and the 10 cent donations would be deducted from it, and user A would pay only when its level reaches 100 $ for instance

sorry for my bad english, but do you think that such a scheme could be achieved with CBsubs ?

Thanks in advance
Jean

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 5 months ago #299008 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Case feasibility

1) We would need a donation plan with only one fixed amount : 10 cents This plan would be linked to a button that could be displayed by js on any other external website.

In this button code, we would link a user id or a cb field to link to the user who has put the button on its website. Let's call him user A

When the button is clicked by a user B viewing user A website, then user B is invited to pay if he is already a member of our network or to register/pay if he is not already a member.

You need to first find a payment gateway that'll even accept a 10 cent transaction. A lot of them have a minimum of $1, etc.. The button it self shouldn't need any JS, but just have a link to the plans page. Could probably just be to the URL that directly adds the plan to the basket. If they're not logged in it should take them to registration with the plan already selected.

2) When the donation is paid, an Important point is that user A would then automatically pay/donate several times the donation paid by user B : 2x10 cents if he is member of group X and 3x10 cents if he is member of group Y (of if he already has a X or Y subscription plan for instance)

I think the only way you're going to be able to do that is some sort of affiliate tracking system. CBSubs integrates with PostAffiliatePro and iDevAffiliate. If you need something other than those two you'd have to develop the integration handling your self, which involves per user unique tracking codes and tracking cookies.

3) We would like to have a special gateway for this donation plan so that there is no transfer of money until a level is reached (to avoid gateway commission fees)
Say that user B would have to buy 10 $ cards and the 10 cent donations would be deducted from it, and user A would pay only when its level reaches 100 $ for instance

Don't see how this is possible, sorry. CBSubs has absolutely no features for that.

I don't really think CBSubs is a good fit for what you're trying to do.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299013 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Case feasibility

You need to first find a payment gateway that'll even accept a 10 cent transaction

That's not a problem, we would develop something special

PostAffiliatePro is a good idea. We just have to figure how to make it work the other way : ie pay commissions instead of collect commissions :-)

Could we develop a special gateway to get payment from an amount already existing somewhere in our DB ?

6 years 5 months ago #299019 by krileon
PostAffiliatePro and iDevAffiliate both can track and pay commissions. That's not exactly an issue for either of them.

Your issue is collecting payments of 10 cents. You'd have to keep track of those micro donations, which wouldn't actually be collected, until a certain amount THEN ask them to pay through CBSubs. I guess a negative donation based off a field value so it can be based off the amount they're supposed to pay? I don't know. Even then that probably completely breaks the affiliate tracking. Easiest approach is to just bill them the 10 cent transaction from a payment provider that allows it.

Could we develop a special gateway to get payment from an amount already existing somewhere in our DB ?

You can already do that using a negative promotion in CBSubs Promotions. Apply it to a free plan to have it based off a field value. Use CB Query Field substituted in to have it based off an internal or external database value.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 5 months ago #299023 by activha
Replied by activha on topic Case feasibility
PostAffiliatePro can also compute negative commissions and input them on the amount calculated for the affiliate. So it should not break this system.

As for micro payment, we'd like to go the blockchain way and envisage to develop a special gateway if feasible.
I dont think that there is a payment provider now which could allow 10 cents payments without charging way too much for this amount.

I need to think about the negative promotions way also :-)

6 years 5 months ago #299026 by krileon

As for micro payment, we'd like to go the blockchain way and envisage to develop a special gateway if feasible.

I've no idea if it's feasible. I've no idea how proficient you are at coding or your experience developing payment gateways for CBSubs or in general. It'd be significantly easier to keep track of the donation amount outside of CBSubs then just use a negative promotion to finally ask them to pay once your amount has been reached. How you keep track of it would be entirely up to you. Could be a field. Could be an entirely separate custom form like from RSForms, etc..

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds