Designation of server image folders to each subscriber

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301361 by andrewn51
Following your suggests, I have implemented K2 for content management so that when subscribers create new blog entries they have the benefits of the K2 CM.

Since each subscriber/blogger will want to add images/videos, is there a way to designate (automatically) a specific folder on the server for each subscriber so that they only see and have access to their own images, rather than having them see all server folders when they go to insert/upload a new image?

Or is that what CBSubs Folder Access does in combination when using CB Subs?

Thanks,
Andrew

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301369 by krileon
That's a functionality that'd have to be a part of your WYSIWYG editor. JCE maybe able to do this, but I'm not entirely sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301373 by andrewn51
I've seen the feature in some other blog components, like EasyBlog. I'll check with JCE...also since I might use an image manager in K2 such as Simple Image Pro, maybe they allow for that.
Thanks as always,
Andrew

6 years 3 months ago #301376 by krileon
CB Gallery should be able to handle it in its next release as I'll be implementing an editor button to quickly insert their profile gallery entries into articles. Can't provide exactly when CB Gallery release will be ready, but you can find a roadmap below regarding upcoming plans for next few months.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18775-bootstrap-4-and-fontawesome-5

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301379 by andrewn51
Maybe to help others...I implemented Simple Image Gallery Pro and it does exactly as I wanted.
Thanks again,
Andrew

6 years 3 months ago #301382 by nant

andrewn51 wrote: I'll check with JCE...also since I might use an image manager in K2 such as Simple Image Pro, maybe they allow for that.
Thanks as always,
Andrew

jce does this

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn