[SOLVED] [#7015] CB Gallery limits problem

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301593 by Digigreg
Hello,
I'm opening this topic because I'm encountering an issue with CB Gallery.
I've setup three fields, one to limit photos upload, one for albums and one for videos. The problem is that I noticed that is possible to upload photos over the limit through the frontend, and to create albums as well over the limit. For example the field limits to 4 photos, but I can upload how many I want. I tried also to limit by custom value, but I got the same result.
CB is updated to the latest version and all the plugins used as well.

Have you any ideas to solve this? All seems to be sonfigured properly, but maybe I miss something?

Best thanks, kind regards.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 years 3 months ago #301597 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Gallery limits problem
If you're a moderator you're exempt from the limits. Login as a regular registered user then retry to ensure limits are respected. The limits are also per field basis unless you set the limits globally and have not set the fields to override the global value. If registered users are surpassing the limits ensure everyone isn't configured to by a moderator by checking the "Moderator View Access Level" within CB > Configuration > Registration > Moderation as it should be as strict as possible.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301607 by Digigreg
Replied by Digigreg on topic CB Gallery limits problem
Hi again.
I've checked out all what you wrote above.

I'm not a moderator, I'm experiencing this problem with normal "Registered" users.
This limit is set in proper fields, and is changed by CB Subs based on the subscription of the user. Anyway I've tried to set manually the limit value, but I get the same result.
And "Moderator View Access Level" is set to "Special".

6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #301608 by krileon
Seams to be working fine in my tests. The limits are per media type as well. This means if you set Photos > Create > Limit to 1 then it only applies to photos. I've set this to 1 and for that field a regular registered user can only upload 1 photo before it displays an error regarding their quota being reached. Are you sure what you're attempting to upload is actually the type you're trying to limit? For example a PSD is a File type and not a Photo type so it won't check against Photo limit, but against File limit.

Did you change the asset of your gallery fields or did you alter them? The limits aren't applied to an asset, but to an instance of a gallery. So if you're using that same asset in Field A in another gallery (e.g. Field B ) then it uses the parameters of that other gallery (Field B ).

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 years 3 months ago #301711 by Digigreg
Replied by Digigreg on topic CB Gallery limits problem
Hi,
I'm sure that what I'm attempting to upload is an image (jpg, png, gif) and not another kind of file. So the photo limit set to 4 sould limit the photos upload to 4, but it dowsn't apply the limit.
I've only one gallrry for photos per user. Each user can upload pics in own gallery. And it is limited to 4 for free users, then by CB Subs I alter the "limit field" to an higher value. The field is altered, I've checked in some users, but the limit isn't applied to free users nor to premoum users.
Any other ideas about how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
kind regards.

6 years 3 months ago #301714 by krileon
It maybe just the field usage that's not working. Try setting the limit to Custom then set the Custom Limit to 4 and see if that works.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn