CB Activity new use for spots display

2 years 4 months ago #327252 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity new use for spots display

How can I condition the save auto action with [var1_params_custom] or [post_var1_params_custom] not empty ? I tried >0, not empty not egal to « » without success

Check against the POST data directly. You can do this using [post_INPUT_NAME_HERE] so in the example provided above [post_custom] should work.

How can I validate inputs before posting (for instance to make the location compulsory if first button is clicked)

You can't. There is no client side validation in CB Activity at this time. There will be in 6.0.0, but to extend it in 6.0.0 you'll need to write the necessary JavaScript. CB Activity will output validation errors above the input so just handle it server side for now during the before update/create triggers provided in this topic.

Can I define another folder/album for gallery images/files instead of imports on my save auto action ? say with the name snapshots

No, the CB Gallery integration in CB Activity is only aware of the special uploads folder.

Add a modal map when clic on find me to allow the user to position the pointer elsewhere, and also display all locations on an external map page

There are plans to support map selection. There are no plans to add a general map page showing all locations. That would be something you'll have to implement yourself.

Add ability to change images in CB 6, upload new ones and enhance the upload area with other font awesome buttons

Uploading during activity edit is being added in 6.0.0. No idea what you mean by enhance it with other fontawesome buttons. My auto action instructions earlier already let you do this. There will not be an interface for doing this directly in CB Activity for 6.0.0.

Add a search box to find activities with keywords ?

It's going to be explored during the redesign of the filters selection, but can't guarantee it. Performance comes first when dealing with activity streams and if the performance is bad I won't implement it since there's no point in using a search feature that just hangs the site for 5 minutes trying to search.

If no location name is inputted but only coordinates thanks to the find me button, insert a default « is here » language string. For now coordinates are saved but nothing is displayed

I'd ideally like to get rid of the double input behavior all together as it's clunky and confusing. I want location selection to be based off location browser API or map selection and to avoid users having to input addresses manually.

Add the ability to slide the activity to display it in an external page ? As it’s a card it should be possible to link the whole card and 80% is viewed now on mobile

I've no idea what you mean by this. Why would you leave the stream to view 1 activity entry while looking at a stream? Regardless as already mentioned earlier direct activity access is being implemented as part of the Share feature.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #327265 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity new use for spots display
Thanks for the answers

There are plans to support map selection.

Do you think it will be in CB 6 ?

I want location selection to be based off location browser API or map selection and to avoid users having to input addresses manually.

that's exactly the way to go :-)

Why would you leave the stream to view 1 activity entry while looking at a stream? Regardless as already mentioned earlier direct activity access is being implemented as part of the Share feature.

For instance when the activity concerns a blog item, a K2 item or our own spot items, the user will want to click on the link, the title or a button to view it in another page. The behavior on small devices is simply to slide the item and then reveal the full content. So my idea was to mimic this behavior with a stretched link applied to the activity card and sliding it left would open the link. That would be some kind of standalone app behavior.

Uploading during activity edit is being added in 6.0.0. No idea what you mean by enhance it with other fontawesome buttons. My auto action instructions earlier already let you do this.

The idea was to have two buttons for the gallery upload. First button allowing to upload files/video/images and second button exclusively to add links to external multimedia files. it's two different actions.
We would then target the second one with an auto action. I don't know if this is feasible now with gallery auto actions ?

Looking forward for the first betas :-)

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #327266 by krileon

Do you think it will be in CB 6 ?

In CB Activity 6.0.0? Yes.

For instance when the activity concerns a blog item, a K2 item or our own spot items, the user will want to click on the link, the title or a button to view it in another page. The behavior on small devices is simply to slide the item and then reveal the full content. So my idea was to mimic this behavior with a stretched link applied to the activity card and sliding it left would open the link. That would be some kind of standalone app behavior.

Suggest doing that by adding you link to the $insert content. A stretched link over the entire activity is impossible. It would break the ability to click other links, buttons, comment, like, etc.. there's too much to account for to allow for that and having a click JS handler have to analyze every single click inside of an activity container would be slow.

The idea was to have two buttons for the gallery upload. First button allowing to upload files/video/images and second button exclusively to add links to external multimedia files. it's two different actions.
We would then target the second one with an auto action. I don't know if this is feasible now with gallery auto actions ?

There are no plans to split that up, but in the future when galleries are stored like activity streams are about to be you'll be able to just turn off linking exclusively in CB Activity if you want. Right now you'd have to turn off linking for profile gallery to remove that or I guess just use CSS to hide it.

Looking forward for the first betas

In the mean time you can follow my progress below. Every time I hit a milestone in its development I try to give an update. Just posted one today on several design improvements.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/6-news-and-publicity/244334-what-am-i-working-on#327267

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327268 by activha
I like the new design, well done :-)

I guess just use CSS to hide it.

Excellent idea, I'll make two buttons with auto actions : one for uploads and one for links
Can I add a css rule to the data attributes or shall I try to do it by javascript ?

2 years 4 months ago #327269 by krileon
I'm guessing you'll need to handle it with custom JS. There isn't a way to toggle a CSS class on/off on the input container.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

2 years 4 months ago #327283 by activha
ok I have a js which is targeting . galleryShareLinkArea and .galleryItemsNewOr in order to hide it when the custom button is clicked, but have noticed that .galleryItemsNewOr does not react to js though display:none is correctly applied to the class.
It seems like the gallery button does not force the display of galleryItemsNewOr when clicked.
cbjQuery( document ).ready( function( $ ) {
var jQuery = $;
$(".streamInputCUSTOM").click(function(){
$(".galleryItemsNewOr").hide();
$(".galleryShareLinkArea").toggle();
    });
});

Can you confirm ?

I have also some issues with params in CB Activity. In an auto action trying to condition [var1_params_CUSTOM] is empty works if [var1_params_activ] really exists but fails if it’s not in the params. I have also tried with greater than, egal to or REGEX

Can you check ?

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.237 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn