CB Activity new use for spots display

2 years 4 months ago #327189 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CB Activity new use for spots display
Well you answered all of my questions with these triggers :-)

I think I can try to implement something in the coming weeks using only CB. As you said trying to use what's there may be tricky but as you guys develop your software so cleverly, this is a sure bet for us.

We'll see when/if we grow quickly but for now this was a good strategy.

Another question : will the share feature be in CB Activity beta ? can you implement a router for Activity to enhance the urls ?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 4 months ago #327190 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CB Activity new use for spots display

Another question : will the share feature be in CB Activity beta ?

Probably not in the initial beta as the initial beta is to help test the existing feature rewrites. Following betas or RC should have it though.

can you implement a router for Activity to enhance the urls ?

Yes, CB Activity will have custom routing so they'll be SEO friendly URLs. For current CB Activity there's no such routing though. So with 6.0.0 you'd have something like the below.

site/menu-alias/activity/ACTIVITY_ID_HERE

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago #327192 by activha
Perfect I start to implement our modifications and should test it on the dev server as soon as CB Activity 6 beta is available.

Thanks for the answers

2 years 4 months ago #327193 by krileon
Your trigger usage should work now so you're welcome to go-ahead with giving that a try. CB Gallery is using those triggers to add uploading so in theory you can add any kind of new feature you can think of you CB Activity edit/new/save behavior.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 4 months ago - 2 years 4 months ago #327195 by activha

Yes, CB Activity will have custom routing so they'll be SEO friendly URLs. For current CB Activity there's no such routing though. So with 6.0.0 you'd have something like the below.

site/menu-alias/activity/ACTIVITY_ID_HERE

Just an idea, could you implement a mix of different things in the router ?
For instance a URL that would mix all activities combining assetA.id and assetB.id looking like site/menu-alias/activity/GJ_EVENT_ID_HERE/ACTIVITY_ID_RELATED_HERE

Also when on a standalone page like
index.php?option=com_comprofiler&view=pluginclass&plugin=cbactivity&action=activity&id=ACTIVITY_ID_HERE
I cannot access [var1_xxx] in the auto action with a trigger like activity_onAfterDisplayActivityStream while [var4_xxx] works fine
Can you tell me why ?

Have also tested [cb:parse function="asset" class="var1" /] for instance without result

2 years 4 months ago #327201 by krileon

Just an idea, could you implement a mix of different things in the router ?
For instance a URL that would mix all activities combining assetA.id and assetB.id looking like site/menu-alias/activity/GJ_EVENT_ID_HERE/ACTIVITY_ID_RELATED_HERE

No, GJ and everything else has nothing to do with CB Activity routing and would just be a nightmare trying to convert that into a path to CB Activity. If you want something like that you'll need to add your own custom routing.

I cannot access [var1_xxx] in the auto action with a trigger like activity_onAfterDisplayActivityStream while [var4_xxx] works fine
Can you tell me why ?

var1 is an activity object in activity_onAfterDisplayActivityStream. This is shown below form out triggers tutorial.

$_PLUGINS->trigger( 'activity_onAfterDisplayActivityStream', array( $rows, $pageNav, $searching, $viewer, $stream, $output ) ) );

So the stream is in var5 while the activity entry is in var1. You should be able to use either of the below.

Activity Asset = [var1_asset]
Stream Asset = [cb:parse function="asset" class="var5" /]

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.244 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn