Autocomplete validation for a text field with multiple answers

2 years 1 month ago #328788 by krileon
The saving issue doesn't appear to have anything to do with CB Query Field and its Query Autocomplete. When Query Autocomplete is turned off the field still doesn't save. Was this field always a text field or did you change its type from another field type? Maybe try deleting and re-creating the field?

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: activha

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 1 month ago #328798 by activha
Yes that did it !
Just deleting and re-creating the field was ok, maybe I tried it as a query field at first and some params were left ?

Issue solved, thanks a lot for your time
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

2 years 1 month ago #328820 by activha
Just a last question : by using autocomplete, how can I display id-description in the profile while only saving the id value in the CB field ?

2 years 1 month ago #328822 by krileon
You can't without using something like a code or query field to act as its display where you can add additional processing. I understand what you're trying to do and in the future we'll provide a select field with searching functionality, but at this time the autocomplete functionality is all we have to try and provide some form of user filterable select.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

2 years 1 month ago #328823 by activha
OK thanks for the info, this will do for now.
Let me know when the new field type is available

2 years 1 month ago #328826 by krileon
Added a feature ticket for this.

forge.joomlapolis.com/issues/8888

It's certainly doable, but things to consider in regards to integration with CB Core Fields Ajax, CB Conditionals, and CB Field Groups. I do not have a time frame for when this is implemented, but you can check in on that ticket every now and again if you like.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn