Substitution for CBSubs Plan in User List

2 years 1 day ago #328967 by 3by400Inc
I have developed a user list to display users who are members of 3 specific CBSubs plans. I am successfully displaying (and searching) several standard CB fields for each member, but would also like to display a substituted name for the CBSubs plan of which they are a member. If they are a member of multiple plans, I would like the member to be listed multiple times on the list, with an entry for each CBSubs plan of which they are a member. Like thiis:

Name Membership Country Expiration Date
John Doe Support United States 22-April-2023
John Doe Developer United States 30-June-2024

SO...I created a custom text field with a Userlist Value Layout and Userlist Search Layout and have tried the following substitutions:

<!—[value}—>
[cbsubs:if subscription=“24” status=“A”]User[/cbsubs:if]
[cbsubs:if subscription=“27” status=“A”]Support[/cbsubs:if]
[cbsubs:if subscription=“25” status=“A”]Developer[/cbsubs:if]

and also this one:

<!—[value}—>
[cbsubs:if plan=“24” status=“A”]User[/cbsubs:if]
[cbsubs:if plan=“27” status=“A”]Support[/cbsubs:if]
[cbsubs:if plan=“25” status=“A”]Developer[/cbsubs:if]

and neither displays the intended results.

What are the proper substitutions in this case?

Assistance is appreciated!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

2 years 21 hours ago - 2 years 21 hours ago #328970 by 3by400Inc
Replied by 3by400Inc on topic Substitution for CBSubs Plan in User List
BTW, after a bit more digging, I have also tried following the instructions from one of your previous responses and the manual to use a plan image in the userlist display, rather than the replacement name.
  • Plug-in is loaded and published
  • Image is defined in the plan integrations
  • New plan image field created (with no replacement or configuration)
  • Field added to userlist as a column

Still not displaying

2 years 15 hours ago #328971 by 3by400Inc
SUCCESS!

After additional study on page 351-352 in the CBSubs Manual, I have properly completed the Parameters/Display tab for the plan image field--choosing the plans to display--and now have the images displaying in the User List.

1 year 11 months ago #328975 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Substitution for CBSubs Plan in User List
Are you still having issues with using the CBSubs content plugin substitutions? or are you using the CBSubs Plans Images integration instead? The below usage is correct, but you need to be sure your Custom HTML field has content plugins enabled since these substitutions are done through a Joomla content plugin.

[cbsubs:if plan="24" status="A"]User[/cbsubs:if]
[cbsubs:if plan="27" status="A"]Support[/cbsubs:if]
[cbsubs:if plan="25" status="A"]Developer[/cbsubs:if]

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago #328983 by 3by400Inc
Thanks for your response!

I did have the content plug-in enabled, but the field was not populating.

I am temporarily using the images, but now, my issue is that I need that field to be searchable within the userlist search. I have it selected as such, but it is not displaying. And a search field with images might be a little strange anyway, but a substitution value in the Userlist Search Layout using that same substitution string does nothing visible.

Since the plan image allows search to be enabled, I'm assuming that it can be.

1 year 11 months ago #328989 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Substitution for CBSubs Plan in User List
There is no searchable functionality for the plans image field. You shouldn't even see the parameter to enable that. For your Custom HTML field you need to be sure "Prepare content using CMS Content plugins" is enabled under the Parameters tab for content plugins to work in it. This also requires the CBSubs core system plugin in Extensions > Plugins to be published and public as well.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn