CBSubs option question

1 year 11 months ago #329320 by activha
CBSubs option question was created by activha
Hello
I am testing the new CBSubs options plugin and don't understand how it works for plan prices.
We have an existing plan with price 600 € for one year, then I added two plan prices to test, one at 50 € for one month and one at 5 € for 5 minutes.
Testing the 5 minutes prices I got a full access for one year with paying only 5 € and no recurring for the payment.
Is this normal ?
Shouldn't the user be billed every 5 minutes during the time of the main plan, ie One year ?
Could you explain how to use this if I missed something ?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 11 months ago #329321 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs option question

Testing the 5 minutes prices I got a full access for one year with paying only 5 € and no recurring for the payment.
Is this normal ?

What payment gateway are you using when testing this? They should be given access for 5 minutes as that's the duration they set. How are you confirming they were given a year? All my tests are working fine with their expiration date and subscription dates being set correctly and is shown in CBSubs > Subscriptions as set correctly.

Shouldn't the user be billed every 5 minutes during the time of the main plan, ie One year ?

No, they should be subscribed for a 5 minute duration plan.

Could you explain how to use this if I missed something ?

CBSubs Options is not a means of breaking up a plans duration into smaller payments. It's a means of selecting a different duration entirely. So if you add a duration of 1 month and they select that duration they are subscribed for 1 month.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #329322 by activha
Replied by activha on topic CBSubs option question

...is shown in CBSubs > Subscriptions as set correctly.

I used a manual off-line gateway by correctly inserting the date/hour/mn of payment, same behavior with the dummy test gateway in auto recurring mode

In the backend the subscription is recorded for one full year

CBSubs Options is not a means of breaking up a plans duration into smaller payments. It's a means of selecting a different duration entirely. So if you add a duration of 1 month and they select that duration they are subscribed for 1 month.

OK I understand. So that's a way to simplify the display.
Will it also have its own plan id or sub plan id for every plan price so that we can use this in our code ?

Do you plan a way to pay for a plan in several payments ?

1 year 11 months ago #329323 by activha
If you want to test, this is the plan that I use.

File Attachment:

File Name: plan.sql.zip
File Size:6 KB
Attachments:

1 year 11 months ago #329324 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic CBSubs option question

Will it also have its own plan id or sub plan id for every plan price so that we can use this in our code ?

No, it is not generating new plans. It's simply overriding the existing plan. Integrations can act on the selected pricing options using the new substitutions available that describe one pricing options were selected. See the Display tab of the options integration for details about the new substitutions.

Do you plan a way to pay for a plan in several payments ?

No, I don't understand the point of doing that. That's just financing. Your users can do that themselves via credit card, PayPal credit, etc.. or you can just use a monthly duration for your plan.

If you want to test, this is the plan that I use.

Was able to find an issue with some duration combinations with the original plan that conflict resulting in wrong expiration calculation. Working on fixing this now.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 11 months ago #329325 by activha

No, I don't understand the point of doing that. That's just financing. Your users can do that themselves via credit card, PayPal credit, etc.. or you can just use a monthly duration for your plan.

That would be useful for compulsory durations. For instance for telephony, it may be a compulsory subscription period of 12, 24 or 36 months for some of our users, but they are still billed monthly.

That would be great to have a way to achieve this, ie, have a recurring plan which would trigger every period of 1 month during 24 months independently of being paid or not. This would mean an independence between baskets/invoice and payments, so that if a basket is not paid that would go to the accounting department for debt recovery but that would not stop the issuance of a next basket for the next period. Do you get my point ?

That would be very much needed for long subscriptions with compulsory periods

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn