Limit Shared Subscriptions based on user choice

1 year 9 months ago #330019 by galanopd
I think it doesn't work in my case.
I tried and it messes up with the price options that calculate based on the original price plan.
Only if the Options are based on the original price +% make sense for the price option in the front end, otherwise they do not work correctly.
If I set price plan

And options

I get

Which is ok but I can't calculate the discount as mentioned in previous posts.

Now, following your instructions (unless I do something wrong),

I have the following results

Very ok since it is based on 1 user

Very wrong

And for 3 users again very wrong. Price for all options is the same. I would show you with an image but you have set upload limit to 8
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1 year 9 months ago #330020 by krileon
If 3 licenses is +200% and they get a 10% discount then set price to +190%. You can also use relative static prices. So for example if the price needs to increase by 100 you'd have +100. You are correct that you need to use relative prices due to offering different duration options.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #330027 by galanopd
IMHO, at some point adding the choice "Ajax Update field" (if possible) in each of Integrations->CB Fields (Field1 to Field10) so the value is pushed upon every change, would be useful in some cases.

I am still trying to figure out how to make it work.

Here is an example of what I am trying to achieve and I believe it is not possible but it would be possible if I could pass the CB Field value to the Integer field upon option selection

Pricing and validity

Plan options

Users = 1
Price per year = 180.00
Price per 6m = 98.35 calculation ((180 + 9.27%) / 2) in other words the yearly 180.00 becomes 196.69
Price per 1m = 18.00 calculation ((180 + 20%) / 12) in other words the yearly 180.00 becomes 216.00

Users = 2 (3% discount)
Price per year = 349.20 calculation ((180.00 * 2) - 3%)
Price per 6m = 190.78 calculation ((((180 + 9.27%) * 2) - 3%) / 2) in other words the yearly 196.69*2=393.38 becomes 381.56
Price per 1m = 34.92 calculation ((((180 + 20%)*2) - 3%) / 12) in other words the yearly 216.00*2=432.00 becomes 419.04

Users = 3 (6% discount)
Price per year = 507.60 calculation ((180.00 * 3) - 6%)
Price per 6m = 277.32 calculation ((((180 + 9.27%) * 3) - 6%) / 2) in other words the yearly 196.69*3=590.07 becomes 554.64
Price per 1m = 50.76 calculation ((((180 + 20%) * 3) - 6%) / 12) in other words the yearly 216.00*3=648 becomes 609.12

Based on the above I can't find a % that will do the calculations. That happens because if for example I set 94% in the Option to calculate the 2 users including the 3% discount and from 180.00 get 349.20, the rest of the calculations based on the different price options will be wrong.
In other words I can't include the discount within options as it will do proportional calculation. The above outcome without the discounts can be achieved only when the percentage added in the options is like +100%, +200%, +300% etc. but then I do not have the discount.

Can you give me an example on how to get the above prices by using Options->option?
Attachments:

1 year 9 months ago #330030 by krileon
I don't understand the issue. In the case of 2 users your option price would just be +97%. For 3 users it would be +194%, etc.. Subtract the discount percent from the price percent increase and that should give you the results you're after.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

1 year 9 months ago - 1 year 9 months ago #330032 by galanopd
Following your suggestion I get

2 users

instead of
Users = 2 (3% discount)
Price per year = 349.20 calculation ((180.00 * 2) - 3%)
Price per 6m = 190.78 calculation ((((180 + 9.27%) * 2) - 3%) / 2) in other words the yearly 196.69*2=393.38 becomes 381.56
Price per 1m = 34.92 calculation ((((180 + 20%)*2) - 3%) / 12) in other words the yearly 216.00*2=432.00 becomes 419.04

3 users

instead of
Users = 3 (6% discount)
Price per year = 507.60 calculation ((180.00 * 3) - 6%)
Price per 6m = 277.32 calculation ((((180 + 9.27%) * 3) - 6%) / 2) in other words the yearly 196.69*3=590.07 becomes 554.64
Price per 1m = 50.76 calculation ((((180 + 20%) * 3) - 6%) / 12) in other words the yearly 216.00*3=648 becomes 609.12

EDIT: Adding 94% for 2 users and 182% for 3 users seems it solved the issue. I did try it before but it was calculating wrongly...

I'll follow this way

Thanks

EDIT2: Is there a way to hide the % added for each option and show only the number of users added? It is not very nice for the end user to see this. If it was +amount it would be ok but +% not really nice. For instance for a price of 198 and 20% discount, for 49 users the % will be +3.820%. It is a bit scary for the end user and actually makes no sense...
Attachments:

1 year 9 months ago #330034 by krileon

EDIT2: Is there a way to hide the % added for each option and show only the number of users added? It is not very nice for the end user to see this. If it was +amount it would be ok but +% not really nice. For instance for 50 users added the % would a huge number..

Yup, it's a language string so you can override it using language overrides shown below.

www.joomlapolis.com/blog/kyle/18701-language-overrides-have-arrived

Specifically the below keys will be of interest.

Display in the plan after subscribing = PLAN_OPTIONS_SELECTED
Display during plan selection = PLAN_OPTIONS_SELECT

These can also be option specific instead of globally changing it for all options using the following language keys.

PLAN_OPTIONS_SELECTED_{OPTION_NAME}
PLAN_OPTIONS_SELECT_{OPTION_NAME}

Note it replaces non-alpha numeric characters with empty character. So for your option the language key is probably the below.

PLAN_OPTIONS_SELECTED_USERLICENSESP
PLAN_OPTIONS_SELECT_USERLICENSESP

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--
The following user(s) said Thank You: galanopd

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn