Stripe automatic renewal configuration

10 months 2 weeks ago #334071 by ospaorg
Replied by ospaorg on topic Stripe automatic renewal configuration
Thank you for checking into it.  Luckily, it only affects a portion of our subscribers but it will be nice to have it working as desired. I appreciate your time. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334084 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe automatic renewal configuration
Have contacted Stripe to see what they might suggest as subscription schedules wouldn't be ideal for you since it'd collect a partial payment, run for the overflowed days, then collect the remaining payment and go for the full year. We're only using subscription schedules for actual differently configured initial payments and durations where it makes sense.

I might have a possible solution using free trials though since the bonus time is a free trial and they're not paying for it. Specifically the "Bonus time before first period start (for calendar-based durations)" and "Bonus time when reactivating expired subscriptions" parameters are what is causing this issue as they're pushing the subscription duration over the 365 limit.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 2 weeks ago #334091 by ospaorg
Thank you for checking into that with Stripe. Do you have any guidance as how to preload with a free trial that would automatically roll into the paid subscription starting on 7/1?

10 months 1 week ago #334097 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Stripe automatic renewal configuration
There isn't a solution for this at this time. Your plan is outside the limits of Stripe recurring payments. Stripe didn't have any solutions to offer unfortunately. What I could come up with is basically hacky workarounds to try and hide the free trial or multiple subscription stages. For example one is to use a free trial to offset the extra days, but make the first billing free and charge the initial amount as a one time fee, but there's risks to this going wrong and it's not really intended to be used this way.

For now it seams Stripe just isn't going to be able to be a solution with your current plan structure as they've a very limited 1 year duration for recurring payments. If this wasn't recurring payments then it wouldn't matter what your duration was so you might need to consider not using recurring payments and have them renew manually to use Stripe or consider using 1 year duration instead of by calendar year.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

10 months 1 week ago #334118 by ospaorg
Thank you for all of your support and time with this issue.  We are kind of stuck with the calendar/fiscal year model.  Luckily, we just have a few weeks until the new fiscal year starts, so not a big deal. We'll enable the ARB for users once the renewal date is within the 1 year window and revisit the "early renewal" issue again next spring if anything has changed.

BTW, thank you for the recommendation of Stripe in other threads, it has been a welcome change for us. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: krileon

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn