Groupjive Group only Admins Post

6 months 1 day ago #335665 by PaceOnline
Groupjive Group only Admins Post was created by PaceOnline
I would like to change a group so that only its admins and owner can post on the group. How can I do that?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 20 hours ago #335671 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive Group only Admins Post
Post with what feature exactly? Wall? Activity tab? Photos? Typically disabling a feature when you edit a group is all you need to do as owners and admins can still use those tabs even if turned off.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 18 hours ago #335682 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Groupjive Group only Admins Post
We use cb gallery and cb activity on the group and there doesn't seem to be an option to disable them when you edit the group.

6 months 17 hours ago - 6 months 17 hours ago #335689 by krileon
Neither of those tabs have that functionality since they're integrations coming from CB Auto Actions. CB Activity 6.0.0 will though. In a future GJ release you'll be able to more specifically select who can create new group content, but that probably won't be until its CB 3.x rewrite.

If group members can't create new content maybe consider using a Page? A page doesn't have any user management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 16 hours ago #335694 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Groupjive Group only Admins Post
The page seems to be fine except it has no members. If an admin posts on the page to the followers receive a notification like they did with the group?

6 months 16 hours ago #335696 by krileon
CB Activity supports a following feature and there's a system action to enable follow buttons for groups. This allows activity posts for followed groups to show on users profile streams. With CB Activity 6.0.0 this is being improved further and users will be able to also receive notifications from followed groups. CB Activity 6.0.0 is currently in beta though.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.269 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn