Groupjive Group only Admins Post

6 months 11 hours ago #335699 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Groupjive Group only Admins Post
Can we use an auto action to prevent normal members posting until either of those advances are released as we have to have the notifications.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

6 months 10 hours ago #335701 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive Group only Admins Post
Not at this time as the posting permissions check is hardcoded into CB GroupJive. I don't have an immediately solution for you. For your specific usecase you'd have to custom code a solution.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

6 months 3 hours ago #335707 by PaceOnline
Replied by PaceOnline on topic Groupjive Group only Admins Post
Ok lets look at this in reverse. The page has 1 issue that I can't notify everyone who I need to receive a notification that a post has been made. Can we create an auto action that notifies everyone on the site that a post has been made in a specific group i.e. Every time I post in main group everyone on my website gets a notification? Although I know this is a crude solution that will take a lot of resources it is the best case scenario for this client and there are only 900 members on this system. Maybe if we create 2 auto actions 1 for a notification and the other for email that would be perfect.

5 months 4 weeks ago #335717 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Groupjive Group only Admins Post
Yes that's doable. Make a copy of the "CB Groupjive - Stream Notification" system action. Then remove the last 2 conditions. Now add the following condition.

Field: Custom > Value
Custom Value: [var3_type]
Operator: Equal To
Value: 4

Then under the User tab set the following.
if ( ! preg_match( '/^(groupjive\.group\.\d+)/', '[var3_asset]', $matches ) ) {
	return null;
}

global $_CB_database;

$query	=	'SELECT ' . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'user_id' )
		.	"\n FROM " . $_CB_database->NameQuote( '#__comprofiler_plugin_activity_following' )
		.	"\n WHERE " . $_CB_database->NameQuote( 'asset' ) . " = " . $_CB_database->Quote( $matches[1] );
$_CB_database->setQuery( $query );
return $_CB_database->loadResultArray();

This should notify all users following the page. To send a notification to every user on the site you should just be able to use a global notification for that, which can be done as follows.

Instead of adjusting the User tab instead under Global set User to Self. Now under the Action tab set User to empty, set Global to 1, and set Load By to By Asset and Owner. That should send a global notification to everyone.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn