How find a search tool of CB User ?

5 months 2 weeks ago #335862 by sereniteam
How find a search tool of CB User ? was created by sereniteam
Hello, 

I am looking to set a search engine in order to ease the research of CB user by public internaute. What should be the best component to archieve this task? 

Best regards 

Vincent 

SereniTeam

Please Log in to join the conversation.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335863 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic How find a search tool of CB User ?
If you want to be able to search your users use a userlist created in CB > List Management. That's all there is for searching users. CB Search Bot does not work on Joomla 5 and we do not provide a Smart Search plugin at this time due to the privacy issues it poses.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335902 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic How find a search tool of CB User ?
Hello, 

I set the plugin for CB research (cbsearchbot) but when I set the criteria I included Name and by the way all fields as shown in the screen shot below. Problem is when you go to research on our web site www.monbilansportsante.fr (top right menu) and enter the name of an user (ex : Guerin) then you find all details included in the User's fields registered but no the USer named Guerin ! Like if the name and last name weren't taking into account ... 

In the option those fields aren't proposed by the way ! 

SereniTeam
Attachments:

5 months 2 weeks ago #335905 by krileon
CB Search Bot only works with Joomla's old Search Component, which does not work on Joomla 5.

We do not have a Smart Search plugin, which is the default site search for Joomla now. Smart Search uses indexing of data and not live query results and because of this we can't use it due to our various access and privacy controls it would result in private data leaking. So you need to use a userlist if you want to search CB user data. We will be considering a smart search plugin in a future release, but it will be highly restrictive to avoid data leaks.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

5 months 2 weeks ago #335924 by sereniteam
Replied by sereniteam on topic How find a search tool of CB User ?
Thanks for your return. I set the research via cb_list as you can see : monbilansportsante.fr/recherche/search
But then I ve some difference behavior when entering the filter. 

Let's see the firts item "Titre" = > this give us the possibility to set the modus first despite this is a simple drop down that could only be one of the option So don't need to get the choise beetween those filter ( comprenant / est etc...) I just want to get a normal setting as you can see it if first you select : (Titre =est Medecin") then you can see "specialités"

For this last one there is no adding filter which I find great and want to get the same for the first item "Titre" 

This adding option is fine when the field is a text one so it make sense for me to get it but when it's a drop down single then we shouldn't have this option 

Please let me know if I did something wrong 

Best regards 
Vincent 

SereniTeam

5 months 1 week ago #335944 by krileon
If you want simple searching edit your userlist in CB > List Management and under Parameters > Search set "Search crieteria" to "Simple Any word match: Only 'any of' and ranges (WARNING: can be slow)".

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn