authorize.net setup - any tips?

14 years 6 months ago #114045 by ThePiston
authorize.net setup - any tips? was created by ThePiston
Anyone have any tips on setting up an authorize.net account? Should we use their merchant services or go with a 3rd party?

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114053 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
Not sure what you mean by 3rd party (as in Paypal, etc... ?), but Authorize.net will allow you to take payments directly on your site provided you meet the requirements to do so (SSL, Valid Certificate, Dedicated IP). I personally have not used it as I prefer Paypal (easier setup in my opinion).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114054 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
well I think you can use other merchant service companies and then link those to authorize.net. Or you can use a reseller that does all of that for you, but there's a higher rate for doing that.

14 years 6 months ago #114063 by krileon
ThePiston wrote:

well I think you can use other merchant service companies and then link those to authorize.net. Or you can use a reseller that does all of that for you, but there's a higher rate for doing that.

Sorry, have not tried this nor have any advise for doing as such. I recommend using one of the payment gateways without linking to another.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114064 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
I guess my question is this: is authorize.net a separate service from a credit card processing company - or is it all rolled into one? My understanding is that if you already have a merchant service provider, you can still use that company and link them to authorize.net.

14 years 6 months ago #114084 by krileon
ThePiston wrote:

I guess my question is this: is authorize.net a separate service from a credit card processing company - or is it all rolled into one? My understanding is that if you already have a merchant service provider, you can still use that company and link them to authorize.net.

Authorize.net is a full bundled service. It's a payment gateway; in the same manner Paypal works with the major difference of allowing you to accept payments directly on your site and not being sent to a merchant page.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn