authorize.net setup - any tips?

14 years 6 months ago #114088 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
Authorize.net is both a payment gateway and merchant service provider. My understanding is that you can choose to use them as your merchant service provider or use your own (provided they work with authorize.net) I'm wondering if you save a significant amount of money if you choose you use your own.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/10/14 18:57

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

Please Log in to join the conversation.

14 years 6 months ago #114095 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
Through further investigation you should visit www.authorize.net/. The following is the necessities that must be met to use Authorize.net (as per Authorize.net usage).

You must become a merchant. You will then need a contract with a bank as well as Visa or Mastercard. Authorize.net is an online payments processor. It is not the same as Paypal, where everything is handled for you (obviously a service fee for transactions).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

14 years 6 months ago #114938 by SCLRWeb
Replied by SCLRWeb on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
Minor Tidbit is that Authorize.net isn't Exactly supported by CBSubs if you are a US based Site...

www.joomlapolis.com/component/option,com_joomlaboard/Itemid,38/func,view/id,113450/catid,110/limit,6/limitstart,0/

This thread should help as it details the issue...

Seriously This Topic hasn't made it to the known issues?

14 years 6 months ago #114942 by ThePiston
Replied by ThePiston on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
wow, i had not read that thread. My client is going to shit their pants if they get hit with those fees. They process about $855,000 in dues per year. At a normal rate of 2.19% they pay about $18,000 per year in CC fees. If they suddenly have to pay about 5%, that goes up by $28,000. That's a real-world number and real money.

One hing I can say about the Joomlaplois team is that they put out good, rock solid code. While other teams are putting out fix after fix, these guys put out a major release every 6 months or so. Just grit your teeth and use PayPal until they pull through. I just hope it's soon.

Post edited by: ThePiston, at: 2009/10/23 06:00

CB 2.3, CBsubs 4.3, PHP 7.1, J! 3.9.X

14 years 6 months ago #114960 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re:authorize.net setup - any tips?
@hmossessi
Again, stop hammering the issue. We're very aware of the situation and it is being addressed.

@ThePiston
Paypal is a great alternative for the time being. The paypal fees are as follows:

YOUR MONTHLY SALES = YOUR FEE PER TRANSACTION
EXAMPLES

$0 to $3,000 = 2.9% + $0.30
$3.20 fee on a $100 sale

$3,000+ to $10,000 = 2.5% + $0.30*
$2.80 fee on a $100 sale

$10,000+ to $200,000 = 2.2% + $0.30*
$2.50 fee on a $100 sale

$200,000+ = Call 1-888-818-3928 for pricing.

Basically the more you make the less they take. Further details can be found here .

So in reality the fees for Authorize.net and Paypal are marginally different, biggest issue is with Authorize.net you have bank contract fees, Visa and MasterCard contract fees, etc... (I don't know the details of such, but am simply speculating).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.249 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn