[SOLVED] Community Builder Login Issues - Seek urgent help

13 years 2 weeks ago #162396 by spandey84
Ok. First of all realy thanks for all ur efforts. Just want to tell u that m from support background and I know what it means to be caught between two vendors on common platform. Complete setup was working well few days back, its just now that I noticed this so I cant really comment when this issue came up. I am talking to two of the best vendors in market.....u n rokbridge (rockettheme). I will try n check with them as well but just want to check with u...in worst case wd it be possible for both of u to sync up n resolve my issue. I will copy last this + previous mess to rockettheme as well. This is my live zite and we are startup please.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #162522 by krileon
Rockettheme is welcome to come in contact with me through email or PM directly from my profile here and can be moved to Skype from there if they'd like to collaborate with us regarding solving this issue.

What is likely happening is the plugin is intercepting logins or registrations and checking if they also exist in phpBB3. This check is likely failing resulting in cancelling out the login. I can't say for sure if that is what is happening, but seams probable.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162823 by spandey84
This is where the issue stands.

Rockettheme says that their extension was designed to support CB and it worked very fine till CB 1.2. They say there seems to be some issue after CB trigger update. This is exactly what they say:

"Rockettheme Support: I then tested a new user. It looks like there is a part of cb first login workflow that is failing.
This version of CB has some new features which might break the RB hooks for the login.
I have seen the older version of CB work with this.

One thing I did notice is if you logging to the phpbb3 side first then log out the Joomla side works so it is only on the first login after registration. The CB support team might have some ideas.
You might have a CB registration option turned on that is causing the CB side to invalidate the initial login. I have used CB 1.2 with RB before so I know it can work...maybe something to do with the new CB Triggers feature?"

Krileon i desperately need to get it up and running. Joomla and PHPbb3 integration is very important for us so Rokbridge becomes very important. If this issue cannot be resolved then we will have to give up CB. There has to be some issue in compatibility, please just come online on a messenger and talk to rockettheme support and lets at least find the real issue and let the right person fix it. I am a customer to both of you end of the day.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162824 by spandey84
I will restate the issue to you again.

1. If a new user registers on the website, he is able to do it successfully.
2. When the user tries to login for the very first time via joomla/CB nothing happens. No Error Nothing.
3. If this user navigates to phpbb3 (hhtp://www.tag-india.in/bpug) and tries to login, he is able to do so successfully. Now being logged into phpbb3 if the user navigates to joomla, he is logged in there as well.
4. Now after logging out if he tries to login again he is able to do so from both joomla and phpbb3. Everything works fine.

This essentially means that problem is only for new registration right now and that too only if the user tries to login into joomla for the first time. This has definetly something to do with CB? We cannot disable phpbb3 plugin it is just as important like CB.

13 years 1 week ago #162888 by spandey84
I managed to fix it after doing some trial and error. Issues was not in the codes but just the ordering of plugins.

Right order is:

CB
Joomla
PHPbb3/Rokbridge

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.351 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn