Need help on user profile & CBSubs

13 years 2 weeks ago #162623 by dododo
Need help on user profile & CBSubs was created by dododo
Hi all,

I'm new to CB & CBSubs and need some help from you.

1. I bought the CBSubs license for 1 site, could I use it on 3 different domains (all links to 1 server/1 IP only) ?

2. How could I install & use CBSubs on localhost (for developing & testing only)? In case I can't use on localhost: could I install on 2 different real hosts, 1 for developing & 1 for real (with a license for 1 site)

3. I see that a lot of php files of CBSubs have been encoded (by ioncube) so I cant edit the files directly, how deep could I customize CBSubs?

4. How could I add my own fields in the profile registration of CB, for example: User type (drop down list), and the other fields change according to that user type ?

5. How could I set some fields to be visible and others not to public, although they all appear in the the user registration step?

6. How could I create different types of user, for example: Student, Teacher, Principal , and the Principal type may create teacher-accounts, add teachers to a list, manage them? Could I use CB together with JUGA for this purpose?

7. Could I manage the URL in the way like this:
mydomain.com/myschool/teacherABC/
and when a guest accesses to this URL, CB will show the teacher profile ?

Thanks ahead.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162666 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs

1. I bought the CBSubs license for 1 site, could I use it on 3 different domains (all links to 1 server/1 IP only) ?

If all 3 are using the same exact database, file structure, etc.. then sure as all you're doing is having aliases on your true domain. As for 3 individual sites with their own databases, no, you'd need 3 licenses.

2. How could I install & use CBSubs on localhost (for developing & testing only)? In case I can't use on localhost: could I install on 2 different real hosts, 1 for developing & 1 for real (with a license for 1 site)

After you've a localhost server established (XAMPP? WAMPServer2? IIS?) and Joomla install completed after installing CB you simply install CBSubs and activate its license as normally.

You're permitted 1 development and 1 production environment. You can have a live development server, but if activity shows signs of being a production site your license will lock for 1 of the 2 sites. Basically avoid making real purchases and ensure are using test servers on your development live site.

3. I see that a lot of php files of CBSubs have been encoded (by ioncube) so I cant edit the files directly, how deep could I customize CBSubs?

Most of CBSubs customization is done from backend GUI through a series of parameters whether global or specific to a plan or gateway. Additionally language plugin allows for customized language strings or translations. You're also welcome to edit any of the template files or XML files as they are not encoded. CSS can of course be used to restyle frontend display as necessary.

4. How could I add my own fields in the profile registration of CB, for example: User type (drop down list), and the other fields change according to that user type ?

Conditionally displaying fields is not something CBSubs does. It can show/hide fields based off plan selection, but that is it. For what you've requested you'll need incubator project CB Conditional to accomplish.

5. How could I set some fields to be visible and others not to public, although they all appear in the the user registration step?

Simply set a field not the be visible on profile, this would still permit editing of the field however no one would see its contents. To prevent editing in profile edit and 1 time editing on registration also set them to read only. All of this is done directly from field management when editing a field.

6. How could I create different types of user, for example: Student, Teacher, Principal , and the Principal type may create teacher-accounts, add teachers to a list, manage them? Could I use CB together with JUGA for this purpose?

You can create different profile types by using CBSubs plans. The user for instance would subscribe (could be free) to the Student plan which shows/hides various profile fields creating a different display for that specific type. As for principal account that is not doable. Users must be managed from backend or they'd need to login and use frontend registration process for someone else. You could display a list of teachers using userlists and filtering by subscription.

7. Could I manage the URL in the way like this:
mydomain.com/myschool/teacherABC/
and when a guest accesses to this URL, CB will show the teacher profile ?

CB profile SEF urls are structured as "site/menu-alias/task/username". For example here at Joomlapolis the SEF is "site/my-profile/userprofile/krileon". This can not be customized much further unless you add custom URL rewrite rules, which could result in URLs failing.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dododo

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #162688 by dododo
Replied by dododo on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs
Thank krileon for your answer.

regarding point 4. I mentioned CommunityBuilder, not CBSubs in this question. How could I add my customizing fields into the profile registration? I may choose to add fields into Step-tabs, Step1 : select Student/Teacher/Principal, Step2 : other infos, Step3... could I use CB to do this & how?
(I also bought CB ProfilePro extension to extend the ability of CB for this purpose)

regarding point 6. I also mentioned CB in this question.
I've read this post
www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/162590-creating-users-through-api
does this allow the Principal usertype to create account for Teachers in my case?

Has any database problem occured while using CB & JUGA together before?

Thanks ahead.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162692 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs

regarding point 4. I mentioned CommunityBuilder, not CBSubs in this question. How could I add my customizing fields into the profile registration? I may choose to add fields into Step-tabs, Step1 : select Student/Teacher/Principal, Step2 : other infos, Step3... could I use CB to do this & how?
(I also bought CB ProfilePro extension to extend the ability of CB for this purpose)

You add additional fields from field management. Setting them to display on registration will display them on registration. With CB Conditional steps are built from Tabs, so adding Field A to Tab 1 results in Field A being on Step 1 for example.

does this allow the Principal usertype to create account for Teachers in my case?

No, that is creation of users through API. If you created an extension for creating users on frontend that utilized that API then sure you'd have what you're wanting.

Has any database problem occured while using CB & JUGA together before?

CB does not support custom ACL except in Joomla 1.6.x (still very new integration and has issues).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dododo

13 years 2 weeks ago - 13 years 2 weeks ago #162758 by dododo
Replied by dododo on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs
Hi krileon,

Is there some technical documents about the codes structure of CB, the classes, workflow of CB... so I can research CB deeper & edit the codes directly for my needs ? (beside the manual & api docs)

In case I want to develop plugin/extension for CB, could you provide the instructions documents?

Thanks.

13 years 2 weeks ago #162760 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs

dododo wrote: Hi krileon,

Is there some technical documents about the codes structure of CB, the classes, workflow of CB... so I can research CB deeper & edit the codes directly for my needs ? (beside the manual & api docs)

In case I want to develop plugin/extension for CB, could you provide the instructions documents?

Thanks.

Please check the CB API document in the Free Download area.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.221 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn