Need help on user profile & CBSubs

13 years 1 week ago #162904 by dododo
Replied by dododo on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs

nant wrote:

dododo wrote: Plz help me with another problem when I integrate CBSubs with CB:
The email confirmation for new user doesn't work anymore, although I set it to "Yes" in 'Require Email Confirmation' line of CB Configuration.
The user still exists after registration without any his/her confirmation.

Plz help me with the 2 previous posts as well, I'm implementing my project, urgent!

Thanks.

What do you mean it doesn't work?
Is an email message sent with a confirmation link or not?

There isnt any confirmation email sent to new registered user!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

13 years 1 week ago #162943 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs
Please check that you are not disabling emails through your CBSubs plan(s) on the workflows tab as it's possible to override confirmation requirement on a plan by plan basis. Please also ensure users are registering with CB and not Joomla as this too would result in no confirmation email. Please check that emails are working at all using mass mailer function from user management.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dododo

13 years 1 week ago #162956 by dododo

krileon wrote: Please check that you are not disabling emails through your CBSubs plan(s) on the workflows tab as it's possible to override confirmation requirement on a plan by plan basis. Please also ensure users are registering with CB and not Joomla as this too would result in no confirmation email. Please check that emails are working at all using mass mailer function from user management.

Problem solved. Thank you.

13 years 1 week ago #162959 by dododo

nant wrote:

dododo wrote:

CB does not support custom ACL except in Joomla 1.6.x (still very new integration and has issues).

does this mean I canNOT combine CB & JUGA extensions ?

Sorry, we haven't tested so cannot give a definite answer.

But CBSubs really doesn't need any further ACL since it does its own protecting.

Does it mean I can set what is available to which users using CBSubs only?
My case is: I have some other Joomla extensions with different functions, each user group (Student/Teacher/Principal) should have customized individual access rights to those functions.

13 years 1 week ago #162991 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help on user profile & CBSubs

Does it mean I can set what is available to which users using CBSubs only?

With CBSubs you do not need ACL access controls as you could create say 3 plans (Student/Teacher/Principal) and protect various aspects of your site using CBSubs. ACL modifications being completely un-necessary and anything before J1.6 being flat dangerous for any extension dependent on ACL.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

13 years 1 week ago - 13 years 1 week ago #163144 by dododo
I've created 3 plans using CBSubs according to 3 types of user: Student, Teacher & Principal.

The issues are:

- I want a specific usertype NOT to have a public profile. When a user registers as that usertype, he/she can view/edit his/her profile infos, but I dont want anyone to view it.
I mean this setting should be automatically when user registers as a specific usertype, NOT that user edits his/her profile to be hidden later. How could I do it using CB & CBSubs?

- the CBSubs does help me show/hide some fields according to each plan when user performs registering. But when a user registered, all fields are shown in their profile, user can edit them as well. How could I disable/hide fields that dont belong to a specific usertype?

Thanks.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.184 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn