CB and KSadvertiser

12 years 11 months ago #163450 by kssulliv
CB and KSadvertiser was created by kssulliv
Hello,

I am currently trying to work with KSadvertiser to have a classifieds section on my community builder site. The problem I am have is that after a user posts an ad they are automatically logged out. This does not happen when the Joomla login is active (of course that gives me lots of problems with community builder so it is not a suitable solution). Any ideas why this would be happening?

Also, I currently have legacy enabled, I believe I turned it on when I was trying out an add on that needed it, now I no longer need it but when I turn it off users cannot get to their profile. It says they don't have access. I am currently using CB 1.4 and Joomla 1.5.23. It has been suggested that legacy might be causing some problems with the classifieds add on. So, how can I turn this off without recreating my site?

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give me :)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163470 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB and KSadvertiser
Don't see how interacting with KSadvertiser would result in logout of CB unless they're clearing sessions for some reason. As for legacy you likely have a CB plugin installed that is not using CB API, but was designed for Joomla 1.0 and not 1.5. Best way to find the culprit is disable legacy mode and disable plugins 1 by 1 rechecking profile after each one until resolved. As for KSadvertiser you may want to request support from the developers directly as no idea why it would be losing login status.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssulliv

12 years 11 months ago #163489 by kssulliv
Replied by kssulliv on topic Re: CB and KSadvertiser
Thanks so much for your responds but I'm not sure which developers you are referring to - should I be opening a CB ticket or talking to KSadvertiser developers? I have already been talking with the developer of KSadvertiser and he has be super helpful to fix many other problems but he's claiming this is a CB problem.

12 years 11 months ago #163495 by krileon
I don't see how posting in KSAdvertiser results in logging a user out of CB would be CBs fault. You're welcome to inform KSAdvertisers developer of my profile URL (see avatar/name left of any of my replies) and they can contact me directly to work together in resolving this issue. Would suspect some sort of session writing is taking place resulting in logout, I can't say for sure.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssulliv

12 years 11 months ago #163501 by kssulliv
Replied by kssulliv on topic Re: CB and KSadvertiser
I have passed on the information. Thank you so much for your help. This project has been dragging on for more than a month and need to move on to new projects that are waiting.
Please email me if you need login info(admin access), url, or ftp login info as the KSadvertiser developer has it as well.

12 years 11 months ago #163511 by krileon
Please do provide backend login credentials via PM as well as steps to duplicate the logout issue and will investigate further.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 1.228 seconds