CB and KSadvertiser

12 years 11 months ago #163581 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB and KSadvertiser
Have reviewed your install and appears to be a direct issue with KISSAdvertiser. It would seam during its Save operation some sort of session write is likely performed that'd result in a logout if not done properly. Can't say for sure as am not the extensions developer. I recommend continuing to work with them to investigate the issue further (they know their code better then any of us); however, they're still welcome to contact us directly and would be glad to work together in resolving the issue.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163999 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: CB and KSadvertiser
Have investigated the extension KISS Advertiser with the wonderful cooperation of its developer and was able to find the culprit. What is happening is during the Email function of KISS Advertiser the CB $user object (which is handled by reference) is being overwritten from one via database. The below quick fix will resolve the issue (confirmed locally).

IN: components/com_ksadvertiser/ksadvertiser.php
ON: Lines 1072-1075
		    $user = $db->loadObject();
		    $usermail = $user->email;
		    $username = $user->username;
		    $userreal = $user->name;
TO:
		    $usr = $db->loadObject();
		    $usermail = $usr->email;
		    $username = $usr->username;
		    $userreal = $usr->name;

There maybe other issues elsewhere regarding the same scenario, but have relayed the information to the developer as well so similar issues can be addressed.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kssulliv

12 years 11 months ago #164442 by kssulliv
Replied by kssulliv on topic Re: CB and KSadvertiser
Thank you so much for your help it is working perfectly now!

12 years 11 months ago #164461 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: CB and KSadvertiser
Thanks Kyle for going above and beyond CB related issues to help our members!

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds