Register by invite only

12 years 11 months ago #163736 by Taboga
Register by invite only was created by Taboga
Is there such a thing in cb? and what would the generic url be for that? (www.vetsinpain.org/?)
I know there is an invitation in Group Jive, but I want people to register in CB and I will put them in to their groups.

I did not add a registration "button" to my front page on purpose. These will go out by invite only. (Make members feel more VIP'ish and to weed out spam. -this is a site for U.S. Military and Veterans only.

www.vetsinpain.org

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 11 months ago #163805 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Register by invite only
CB is designed with open registration. It has no invite only registration process. You're welcome to check Joomla.org extension directory to see if something is available or the easiest route is to add a new CB field from Field Management which uses Perl Regular Expression (REGEX) validation to validate against a single word (meaning if they don't supply that word they will be denied registration). You could then email that word to users of choice for them to come register. Example of validation as follows.

/IAMAVET/

If a user did not supply exactly IAMAVET they'd receive a validation error when trying to register assuming this field is set to display on registration and is set to be required.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago #163842 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Register by invite only
What about... on my frontpage... I have the login in the "drawer" at the top and I can't tell if it is a CB error or template problem, but there is no "create an account" shown? I thought I could get by with this and just send certain people to the registration page

12 years 11 months ago #163852 by krileon
Please navigate to CB configuration followed by registration tab and ensure CB registration is independent of Joomlas. Once done navigate to Global Configuration and disable Joomla registration. Then check your CB Login module parameters to ensure you did not disable the register link.

Kyle (Krileon)
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 11 months ago - 12 years 11 months ago #163894 by Taboga
Replied by Taboga on topic Re: Register by invite only
This sounds weird, but I can't find the registration (Joomla) button in my global config???

Aslo, this is what I get when I hit my NEW register button:

Warning: array_keys() [function.array-keys]: The first argument should be an array in /home/vetsinpa/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 441

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/vetsinpa/public_html/administrator/components/com_comprofiler/plugin.class.php on line 441

What's up with that?

12 years 11 months ago #163927 by krileon

This sounds weird, but I can't find the registration (Joomla) button in my global config???

Don't understand what you're looking for. There is no button in global configuration. It's a parameter you set from Yes to No within global configuration as follows.

Site > Global Configuration > System > User Settings > Allow User Registration > No

Once the above is done please perform the below.

Components > Community Builder > Configuration > Registration > Allow User Registration > yes, independently of global site setting

Now perform the below to ensure the login link is present on your module.

Extensions > Module Manager > - Select Type - (FILTER) > mod_cblogin > Edit ALL (1 by 1) > Parameters > Create account > Show

What's up with that?

You've unpublished the default template. Please navigate to plugin management and ensure is published and public.

Kyle (Krileon)
--
--
--
--

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.216 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn