[SOLVED] Double Login

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #167870 by cpetitclerc73
[SOLVED] Double Login was created by cpetitclerc73
I have a double login at this link:

www.barterbranch.ca/index.php?option=com_user&view=login&return=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5iYXJ0ZXJicmFuY2guY2EvaW5kZXgucGhwP29wdGlvbj1jb21fY29udGVudCZ2aWV3PWFydGljbGUmaWQ9NDk6YW5pbWFsLWFuZC1wZXQtc2VydmljZXMmY2F0aWQ9MzQ6Y2F0YWdvcmllcyZJdGVtaWQ9MTQ=

The one I want is on the right. Joomla Login module is un-published.

More Details:

The members directory is in the top menu on header. When clicked you will see the categories but if you click a category you then need to login and are taken to the login screen. The members directory is set up public and type is a category list. The category menu items are all registered and articles associated with them are public. If I make the article registered and the category menu item public it disappears from public view.
Plugin System SEF is published.

Anyway the problem is the double login. How do I get rid of the one on the left.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #167956 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Double Login
That is the access denied page which if Joomla registration and login is enabled then you'll see a login form with that access denied page. Please ensure all Joomla login modules have been deleted from module manager and you've disabled Joomla registration from global configuration (ensure CB registration is set to independent).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168029 by cpetitclerc73
Replied by cpetitclerc73 on topic Re: Double Login
To be more precise:

"Disabled Joomla registration from global configuration"
Global Configuration / System / User Settings / Allow user registration "no" the rest is yes and show and user is registered

"Ensure all Joomla login modules have been deleted from module"
I couldn't do it with FTP client and had to log into the host (GoDaddy) to delete it from there. I deleted in the modules folder mod_login

"Ensure CB registration is set to independent"
CB / configuration / Registration / yes allow user registration independent of global site setting

Still shows the same problem. There must be a different folder to delete but I'm not sure which one.

12 years 10 months ago #168033 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re: Double Login

"Ensure all Joomla login modules have been deleted from module"
I couldn't do it with FTP client and had to log into the host (GoDaddy) to delete it from there. I deleted in the modules folder mod_login

You shouldn't have to do anything with FTP or your host if your Joomla and CB installations are installed correctly and don't use any hacks. From the back end, go to Module Manager and look at your "left" modules. You should be able to find it there and disable it or even delete it.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

12 years 10 months ago #168034 by cpetitclerc73
Replied by cpetitclerc73 on topic Re: Double Login
It was disabled (unpublished). I would have deleted it in install/uninstall modules but it was grayed out. So the only option was to delete it by FTP. Very weird but mod_login is gone (deleted) and its still defaulting to this Joomla login screen.

I had this same problem the last time I used CB with a double login. The solution ended up being changing what was registered and what was public. I have tried almost everything but still there is a problem.
What I want is my catagory list public and when clicked on taken to the login screen.
The only thing set to registered is a menu I created with article layout type for each article. The articles are public and the categories are public. If I change it around either I get an error or the item disappears from the catagory list.

How do I get it to default to the CB login?

12 years 10 months ago #168035 by Rapunzl
Replied by Rapunzl on topic Re: Double Login
You do have a public menu link to CB Profile, right? If so, check the Joomla Extension Directory for an extension that disables all but CB Login.

Jamie (Rapunzl)

Before posting on forums: Read all CB Articles | Specially the FAQ | Help us help you
CB links: Subscribe to CB documentation | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/view/7363/37/
]Our templates[/url] | [url=http://www.joomlapolis.com/content/blogcategory/61/74/
]Paid Subscriptions[/url] | Get Hosting | Our Forge
Visit my CB Profile

My personal site Rapunzl's Reality always under reconstruction

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.246 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn