Need help please

12 years 10 months ago #168773 by vetelmo
Need help please was created by vetelmo
I had everything set up they way I want it, except for changing some of the articles or unpublish certain menus on the Joomla side. I installed the CB Subs last night and today I made the first plan. Now I am getting messages on the backend saying that I dont have access to some component if I dont have a membership. I dont know what I did wrong and I am hoping someone from here will look inside the backend of the site and fix what I broke and tell me what I did wrong....lol....

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 10 months ago #168786 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Need help please
You most likely protected the component in the CBSubs plan you created.
Edit the plan and make sure no component is protected (protection also works for backend access to component).

12 years 10 months ago #168787 by vetelmo
Replied by vetelmo on topic Re: Need help please
thanks, I tried replying earlier to say that I got in by unpublishing the cbpaidsubsbot. ONce I set everything right, i will turn it back on and see what happens.

12 years 10 months ago #168792 by vetelmo
I dont know why but CB Subs crashes my site each and every time I start setting the CMS portion.

Can't I set groups in the Joomla CMS and control access that way? Instead of inside the Content integration that keeps fowling everything up for me? I would rather have the plan assign the users to the corresponding groups I make in the Joomla CMS but you told me the last time that I should not do that. It seems to me to be the simplest way to control the access, instead of this way.

I know, i know, read the directions carefully. I did, i assigned one plan access right to the category specific to their plan, showing a photo gallery. Right after that, it locked me out of the back end of the site. So Im screwed and have to start over. Im going to delete eveything one more time and spend another day setting this up.

If I cant do it the simple way i will be asking for a refund, I should have launched last week. This CB Subs has been more trouble than its worth.......

12 years 10 months ago - 12 years 10 months ago #168815 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help please

I dont know why but CB Subs crashes my site each and every time I start setting the CMS portion.

What CMS are you using? Joomla 1.5 or Joomla 1.6? Anytime a crash occurs you should enable debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration. This will allow you to see on-screen errors. When the crash occurs then relay that error message to us and we can better help you. Simply stating it crashes does nothing for us to debug your problem.. often it's a configuration issue.

Can't I set groups in the Joomla CMS and control access that way? Instead of inside the Content integration that keeps fowling everything up for me? I would rather have the plan assign the users to the corresponding groups I make in the Joomla CMS but you told me the last time that I should not do that. It seems to me to be the simplest way to control the access, instead of this way.

Fowling everything up? Please be more descriptive. I can't understand exactly what is happening based off the context of your post. You can try usergroup assignment but if you're using Joomla 1.6 there are some known issues that we're still working to resolve. Please understand J1.6 hasn't even matured yet and they're already preparing to make it obsolete with already release J1.7 making it difficult to continually re-release to resolve issues introduced with new CMS builds. We've also found an issue regarding the content integration which is to be fixed with next release. The ACL issue is more of a CB issue then CBSubs as currently CB doesn't support custom ACL too well.

I know, i know, read the directions carefully. I did, i assigned one plan access right to the category specific to their plan, showing a photo gallery. Right after that, it locked me out of the back end of the site. So Im screwed and have to start over. Im going to delete eveything one more time and spend another day setting this up.

As far as I am aware the only way to lock from backend is if you've protected entire critical extensions like CBSubs or CB it self within the Extensions tab on the Integrations tab of your plans. No need for a re-install however. Just disable the system plugin from database directly and you should regain access.

If I cant do it the simple way i will be asking for a refund, I should have launched last week. This CB Subs has been more trouble than its worth.......

I apologize you feel this way and we're certainly open to suggestions for improvement. At any rate if you're within your first 30 days of purchase you're more then welcome to a money back guarantee. CBSubs certainly has a learning curve, but once understood is like no other solution!

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 10 months ago #168845 by vetelmo
I do not understand how setting up the plans would effect a superuser. I should always have access no matter what. Changing something in the plans should only effect the people registering for the site, not the owner of it.

Im almost done setting everything back up before CB and CBSubs. I would really love some help setting up the plans section of CBSubs. All I am trying to do is separate 3 different categories that are set up as photo galleries. Plan A cant see B or C gallery. Plan B cant see A or C gallery. Plan C cant see A or B gallery. Im wanting to have people see the link to the category Photo Gallery, on the top set of menus where Joomla has "Home,Sample Sites, Joomla.org" When they click on that, it takes them to a page, that should list galleries and the member can only see the gallery to their plan.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.234 seconds