Need help please

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #168986 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help please

vetelmo wrote: Im going to lose it here. Why wasnt this told to me before. I have restarted 1.6 three times now and I am just now being told your products work better on 1.5 I am pretty angry right now.

The issues us and many others are having with J1.6 are stickied directly at the top of these support boards. Thread as follows.

www.joomlapolis.com/forum/153-professional-member-support/161264-joomla-162-breaks-many-extensionstemplates

We're doing our best to try and resolve each and every J1.6 issue that comes, but somethings (mainly ACL) are proving to be problematic.

vetelmo wrote: After spending $235 on this, I am just now finding out your product doesnt work as advertised. Im stuck with your professional membership, stuck with having to forge through and start all over again with 1.5 because I dont have the funds to go somewhere else now. I cannot believe this. My review WILL include these problems.

CBSubs functions exactly as advertise, but this does not excuse it from bugs. Like with any software there is bound to be issues and we're working very hard to try and resolve them the best we can as quickly as we can. It seams a bit unfair to down-mark CB or CBSubs due to a single bug (regarding ACL), which we're working to resolve and that many other developers are also facing problems. The ACL system quite literally makes no sense from a developers standpoint which makes it extremely difficult to integrate and support

At any rate given you desperately need this feature now and wish to use J1.6 the below query that can be added to SQL Actions will change their usergroup.. or add to their usergroups if you so choose. Please note you should thoroughly test the query and would be glad to help with any changes you need to it.

CHANGE USERGROUP (J1.6):
UPDATE `#__users` SET `usertype` = 'USERGROUP_TITLE_HERE' WHERE `id` = [user_id];
DELETE FROM `#__user_usergroup_map` WHERE `user_id` = [user_id];
INSERT INTO `#__user_usergroup_map` ( `user_id`, `group_id` ) VALUES ( [user_id], USERGROUP_ID_HERE );

Please be-sure to replace USERGROUP_TITLE_HERE (e.g. Super Users) and USERGROUP_ID_HERE (e.g. 8) respectfully. This will change their usergroup but it will not update their session as that would take a highly complex query to parse, change, update the json encoded string. So it won't take visual affect until they re-login or their session is renewed.

Please note the above will delete ALL of their access and re-add the single usergroup. This prevents support for multiple usergroups (and part of our biggest issue with J1.6 ACL).

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #169189 by nant
Replied by nant on topic Re: Need help please

vetelmo wrote: Can I protect sub categories?

Sorry I missed this one - Yes you can protect subcategories (in Joomla 1.6 as in 1.5 there are no sub-categories).

12 years 9 months ago #169208 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Need help please

vetelmo wrote: After spending $235 on this, I am just now finding out your product doesnt work as advertised. Im stuck with your professional membership, stuck with having to forge through and start all over again with 1.5 because I dont have the funds to go somewhere else now. I cannot believe this. My review WILL include these problems.

Hi vetelmo,

I have replied today, Sunday, to you by Private Message and by email, and offered our team assistance to directly help you configure it to your full satisfaction, on Joomla 1.6 latest. I also offered to refund CBSubs under our 30-days CBSubs refund policy also after our direct help if you're not satisfied with the software or with the help, or before if you do not wish our help. I'm looking forward to your reply by Private message.

I need to clarify a few things here:
  1. CB and CBSubs run on Joomla 1.6 as well as on Joomla 1.5, and even still on Joomla 1.0.
  2. In CBSubs 1.2 (on Joomla 1.6 only) there is one bug regarding the usergroup change on plan activation, for which we gave a workaround here, and which is fixed in shortly upcoming CBSubs 1.2.1.
  3. Joomla 1.5 is simply more mature and has less bugs than younger Joomla 1.6. www.Joomla.org itself is using Joomla 1.5 for their site. That said, Joomla 1.6 is fine too, and I'm looking forward to upcoming Joomla 1.7.
I hope that you will accept our direct help to make your Joomla 1.6 + CBSubs installation work as you wish.

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

12 years 9 months ago #169210 by vetelmo
Replied by vetelmo on topic Re: Need help please
I sent a reply.

12 years 9 months ago #169215 by beat
Replied by beat on topic Re: Need help please
Thank you. Reply sent by PM to your PM reply.

I do regret sincerely that you didn't wish our direct help to solve your last config issues from Friday.

I wish you a successful site in all cases, and look forward to your reply by PM.

Best Regards,

Beat - Community Builder Team Member

Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly -- Help us spend more time coding by helping others in this forum, many thanks :)
CB links: Our membership - CBSubs - Templates - Hosting - Forge - Send me a Private Message (PM) only for private/confidential info

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.377 seconds