Need help please

12 years 9 months ago #168941 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help please

I do not understand how setting up the plans would effect a superuser. I should always have access no matter what. Changing something in the plans should only effect the people registering for the site, not the owner of it.

Protections work regardless of ACL, IE if you have multiple SAs, but you want some of them with limited access.

Im almost done setting everything back up before CB and CBSubs. I would really love some help setting up the plans section of CBSubs. All I am trying to do is separate 3 different categories that are set up as photo galleries. Plan A cant see B or C gallery. Plan B cant see A or C gallery. Plan C cant see A or B gallery. Im wanting to have people see the link to the category Photo Gallery, on the top set of menus where Joomla has "Home,Sample Sites, Joomla.org" When they click on that, it takes them to a page, that should list galleries and the member can only see the gallery to their plan.

Suppose this could be done if using ProfileGallery in which you could protect the tab with CBSubs Fields Tabs Protection. If using 3rd party extensions then you'd need to create 2 categories then protect each category with its own plan using By URL Part protection. CB nor CBSubs are gallery extensions, you need to review a gallery extension if you want full fledged gallery displays.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #168966 by vetelmo
Replied by vetelmo on topic Re: Need help please
Can I protect sub categories?

12 years 9 months ago #168969 by vetelmo
What is the issue with using groups in the Joomla portion and assigning them with the Plans? I dont understand why this has to be so difficult.

12 years 9 months ago #168973 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: Need help please

vetelmo wrote: Can I protect sub categories?

Sub categories of what? Joomla articles?

vetelmo wrote: What is the issue with using groups in the Joomla portion and assigning them with the Plans? I dont understand why this has to be so difficult.

Joomla 1.6 ACL is 100% different from that of Joomla 1.5. From database to API usage it's completely different. CB it self is not properly prepared for J1.6 custom usergroups and thus assignment to them is problematic. This being addressed however with bug tickets on forge where patches are provided.

forge.joomlapolis.com/projects/cb/issues

We're doing our best to support Joomla 1.6, but they're constantly breaking our support with each new release. In addition to that it's salt on the wounds for them to already be pushing Joomla 1.7 (beta is already out) and having stating that Joomla 1.6 will be discontinued after 1 month from Joomla 1.7 release. Their time schedule and planning makes it extremely hard for us and even many many other developers to keep up.

I honestly recommend you should continue with Joomla 1.5 until Joomla 1.7 wherein their API will be stabilized (Joomla 1.6 is a beta more or less for Joomla 1.7) and we can provide a proper integration. We plan to expand on this even further with CB 2.0 which from the core should support multiple usergroups (wherein 1.x releases do not, at least not without forge patches).

While this should be a simple task am afraid it is not and takes a moderate rewrite to CBs ACL usage in order to better support J1.6 style ACL. This is being done gradually with each release.

Now these core issues within CB alone COULD be the culprit or at least contributing to why CBSubs can not assign users to a usergroup appropriately in Joomla 1.6. This however works flawlessly in Joomla 1.5. We're still investigating the issue however and must dig deeper into the code to see if a bug is present in CBSubs or even CB it self.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

12 years 9 months ago #168974 by vetelmo
Im going to lose it here. Why wasnt this told to me before. I have restarted 1.6 three times now and I am just now being told your products work better on 1.5 I am pretty angry right now.

12 years 9 months ago #168975 by vetelmo
After spending $235 on this, I am just now finding out your product doesnt work as advertised. Im stuck with your professional membership, stuck with having to forge through and start all over again with 1.5 because I dont have the funds to go somewhere else now. I cannot believe this. My review WILL include these problems.

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.266 seconds