[SOLVED] jcomments for commenting user profile

12 years 9 months ago #171877 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: jcomments for commenting user profile

I will PM you the site backend access

Please do so after thoroughly reviewing your install such as the following debug methods: disabling modules that appear on profile page, disabling Joomla system plugins, disabling CB plugins; please ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration is enabled during this process. If unsuccessful in finding anything please PM backend super administrator login credentials.

but i decided to use "CB Rating fieldtype" that is showing the same js issue!

This means you've a fatal JS error on your site coming from some sort of conflict.

i would like to have it very clean, just the avatar and the post. (no username, no e-mail, no creation date, no table with name and entry...)

You can disable certain aspects of each respective tab by editing the tabs within tab management. Further changes would need to be done with CSS or editing the plugin directly in source.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

12 years 9 months ago #171888 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: jcomments for commenting user profile
thanks again krileon!

Please do so after thoroughly reviewing your install such as the following debug methods: disabling modules that appear on profile page, disabling Joomla system plugins, disabling CB plugins; please ensure debug mode and maximum error reporting within Joomla global configuration is enabled during this process. If unsuccessful in finding anything please PM backend super administrator login credentials.

sorry that i PM before, i didn't saw your reply, i will try these methods that you said!

You can disable certain aspects of each respective tab by editing the tabs within tab management. Further changes would need to be done with CSS or editing the plugin directly in source.

Thanks going to do that!

12 years 9 months ago - 12 years 9 months ago #171931 by krileon
Replied by krileon on topic Re: jcomments for commenting user profile
Have reviewed your install and your template has no styling for the rating icons. Please add the below CSS to your CB template CSS file.
.cbStarRatingBlock {
    margin: 0 auto auto 0;
    padding: 0;
    width: 80px;
}

.cbStarRatingBlockR {
    margin: 0 0 auto auto;
    padding: 0;
    width: 80px;
}

.cbStarRatingOn {
    background: url("images/mini-icons/icon-16-rating-star.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 -32px transparent;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    height: 16px;
    width: 16px;
}

.cbStarRatingOff {
    background: url("images/mini-icons/icon-16-rating-star.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 16px;
}

div.rating {
    clear: both;
    cursor: pointer;
    margin: 2em;
}

div.rating:after {
    clear: both;
    content: ".";
    height: 0;
    visibility: hidden;
    width: 0;
}

div.cancel, div.star {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    cursor: pointer;
    height: 15px;
    overflow: hidden;
    text-indent: -999em;
    width: 17px;
}

div.cancel, div.cancel a {
    background: url("images/mini-icons/icon-16-rating-delete.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 -16px transparent;
}

div.star, div.star a {
    background: url("images/mini-icons/icon-16-rating-star.gif") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
}

div.cancel a, div.star a {
    background-position: 0 0;
    border-width: 0;
    height: 100%;
}

div.star_on a {
    background-position: 0 -16px !important;
}

div.star_hover a, div.star a:hover {
    background-position: 0 -32px;
}

div.star_readonly a, div.star_readonly a:hover {
    background-position: 0 0;
    cursor: default !important;
}

div.star {
    background: none repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;
    overflow: hidden !important;
}

CBs template applies the above CSS, but you're using a custom CB template that does not have it. Please consult with your template developer for further support; they're likely missing many many more styles.

Kyle (Krileon)
Community Builder Team Member
Before posting on forums: Read FAQ thoroughly + Read our Documentation + Search the forums
CB links: Documentation - Localization - CB Quickstart - CB Paid Subscriptions - Add-Ons - Forge
--
If you are a Professional, Developer, or CB Paid Subscriptions subscriber and have a support issue please always post in your respective support forums for best results!
--
If I've missed your support post with a delay of 3 days or greater and are a Professional, Developer, or CBSubs subscriber please send me a private message with your thread and will reply when possible!
--
Please note I am available Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM CST to 4:00 PM CST. I am away on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) and if I've missed your post on or before a weekend after business hours please wait for the next following business day (Monday) and will get to your issue as soon as possible, thank you.
--
My role here is to provide guidance and assistance. I cannot provide custom code for each custom requirement. Please do not inquire me about custom development.
The following user(s) said Thank You: diogotu

12 years 9 months ago #172104 by diogotu
Replied by diogotu on topic Re: jcomments for commenting user profile
Great Krileon!

Really Thanks!

This CB template that i'm using is really old, i got it for 4 years, i choose that one because it have a parameter configuration to chose if i want the userlist as list or as avatar grid... i would love if was possible to have that parameters in the defaut cb templates :)

CBs template applies the above CSS, but you're using a custom CB template that does not have it. Please consult with your template developer for further support; they're likely missing many many more styles.

that is a nice tip that i was forgeting, i have to update the missing styles... :)

Moderators: beatnantkrileon
Time to create page: 0.218 seconds

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn